- Care Instructions: Other
- Lens Color: Green
- Material: N/A
- Protection Type: UV
Ray-Ban Aviator Classic Sunglasses 58mm Black Frame
Currently one of the most iconic sunglass models in the world, Ray-Ban Aviator Classic sunglasses were originally designed for U.S. aviators in 1937. Aviator Classic sunglasses are a timeless model that combines great aviator styling with exceptional quality, performance and comfort.
Lightweight and durable, the metal black frame and the green classic G-15 lenses of the Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses are sure to get second glances. Not only will these shades hold up to everyday wear, they also offer a comfortable fit.
Ray-Ban metal frames have adjustable nose pads. If sunglasses tend to slide down your nose, sit too low on your face, touch at your temples or cheeks, or feel narrow at the sides of your head, you can adjust the nose pads yourself to make the frame fit perfectly.
Green classic lenses offer high quality solid color lenses, providing great clarity of vision, comfort and protection. By absorbing 85% of visible light and blocking out most of the blue light, Classic lenses provide a “natural vision” because they transmit colors as they are, without any modifications.
Clarity and Protection
The lenses are shaped by diamond tools to achieve no distortion. This is done in order to achieve the greatest precision in the lens. Every single lens blocks 100% of the UVA and UVB harmful blue lights. UVA and UVB blue lights are no joking matter, so Ray-Ban worked extra hard on making sure the harmful rays do not penetrate the lens.
Durability Performance Test
No lens is shatterproof or unbreakable but Ray-Ban lenses are pretty close.
The lenses are 2x more resistant to impacts than common lenses. The Drop Ball Test was performed on the lenses where a steel ball is dropped on the lens from a height of 1.27m. After the chemical hardening, the impact resistance of Ray-ban glass is more than doubled.
The lenses are 12x more resistant to scratches than common lenses. This was proven with the Bayer Test. The Bayer Test took the lenses and placed them into an iron box, the lenses were submitted to 500g of a special abrasive sand oscillating for 600 cycles. Compared to the most commonly prescribed lenses (CR-39), they are 12 times more resistant, thus exceeding by far the international standards.
Resistant to UV light moisture, heat, organic solvents, sea salt, and sweat acidity; the lenses underwent the Quv Panel Test which confirmed all this. The Ray-Ban lens was exposed to consecutive cycles of UV light and moisture. The result after 120 hours of intense testing: no visible change in the color and no surface damages on the lens (crack, stripes… etc)
Ray-Ban Aviator Classic Sunglasses 58mm Black Frame UV N/A
- Fabric/Material: N/A
- Eyeglasses and Sunglasses: Are Lenses Included? (for Optical Frames): N/A
- Eyeglasses and Sunglasses Lens Color: Green
- Care Instructions: Other
- Dimensions: 9.1 inches (H) x 9.1 inches (W) x 9.1 inches (L)
- Weight: 9.1 pounds
- Included in the box: Ray-Ban Aviator Classic Sunglasses 58mm Black Frame Ray-Ban Case Cleaning Cloth
- Made in United States
- This item is sold through the Focus Camera operated by Focus Camera.
- The merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the fulfillment, delivery, returns, care, quality, and pricing information of the advertised goods and services.
- The product is new.
- Product eligible for free returns within 30 days.
- Shipping and handling charges will be Free.
- United States (excluding Alaska & Hawaii) Shipments only.
- Does not ship to PO boxes.
- Orders are typically delivered in 5-10 business days.