The Basic Motorcycle RiderCourse is the best place for new riders to start once you’ve made the decision to ride.
About This Deal
Basic Two Wheel Rider Course - If you have never ridden a motorcycle before, this hands-on course is the best way to learn the basics of operating a motorcycle and making smart judgements when riding.
- 15-hours of instruction (5 hours classroom/10 hours riding) spread over 2 days (Sat/Sun)
- Range exercises include low-speed maneuvers and basic skills such as shifting, accelerating, braking, cornering, U-turn, lane change
- You’ll be with the same group for the duration of your training
- You’ll receive individual RiderCoach feedback while learning to ride
- Motorcycle, helmet and gloves are provided.
- Virginia will waive both the written and riding tests for your M2 endorsement.
- Graduates may qualify for insurance premium discounts with some motorcycle insurers.
- Completion of the Basic RiderCourse satisfies the requirements of the Department of Defense regulations regarding motorcycle training for active duty military members and civilians operating a motorcycle on and off military installations.
The Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. Our RiderCoaches will help you learn to the best of your ability.
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend and participate in all sessions.
- Achieve a minimum score on a knowledge test covering course materials.
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation.
Successfully completing the Basic RiderCourse is not a guarantee that you will be safe on the road. Only you can choose the level of safety you wish to maintain. The course will provide you with the opportunities and experiences to acquire the basic knowledge and skill that enable you to continue to practice and develop your safe riding habits. Safe riding is also a matter of attitude, and only you can provide that.
You must provide your own shatter-resistant eye protection, sturdy over the ankle footwear (non-canvas), long sleeved shirt or jacket, long non-flare denim pants or equivalent protective material and full fingered (preferably leather) gloves.
Classes are held at all four PowerRide University locations on Saturday and Sunday. Classes start at 8am each day and end around 3pm. You must attend both days to successfully complete the course and obtain your license waiver.
The Virginia license waiver is accepted in most states except for Maryland. Maryland residents must take a course in Maryland.
You will be charged at $75 fee if you need to reschedule.
Need To Know
About PowerRide University
PowerRide University welcomes students of all levels of experience to learn the basics or hone their skills in riding motorcycles. Professional coaches are certified in teaching, safety measures, and having fun while riding the machines. All ages above 16 can join the introductory, basic, or advanced classes, or train during private sessions.