During the classes, experienced instructors teach basic techniques of glass-working to help participants make their own items
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Glass blowing: During the class, participants work with the glass in its molten state (2100F). The glass-blowing process consists of taking a pipe and gathering the molten glass from the furnace and then forming and shaping it with tools, as well as blowing air into it. The instructor will guide the students throughout the whole process, showing them how to use the equipment while remembering about all safety rules. The instructor will also help choose and add color to the glass to create one paperweight and one seasonal item. Customers will be able to pick up their items in the SiNaCa Studios gallery within five business days after the class.
- Flame working: During this three-hour workshop, participants, with the assistance of instructors, design and create their own items by working with colored and clear glass rods or tubes in front of an open, gas-fueled torch. Students will have the chance to learn the basics of the glass-melting technique, as well as use tools and gravity to shape their item. Each participant will make one seasonal item out of borosilicate, along with a couple of colorful beads to string with Moretti-Effetre (soft) glass.
- Kiln forming: During this three-hour class, students, supported and guided by knowledgeable instructors, are working with glass in its solid state to create a design that is later put into an electric kiln where it will be fired for 12 hours to fuse the layers together. Participants will have the chance to cut and layer sheet glass using glass frits and stringers to create a design for one 12x6" glass platter and one seasonal or household item. Customers will be able to pick up their items in the SiNaCa Studios gallery within seven business days after the class.
- Age restrictions: must be 14 or older
- Vouchers are not valid until November 1, 2020.
- Vouchers will not be active for use until the day after the purchase.
- Students should wear all-natural, non-synthetic fiber clothing such as cotton, linen, or silk, as well as closed-toed shoes.
- Customers must use the class links to check the class schedule prior to purchasing their vouchers: