A driving and photo journey... John Wilkes Booth - Assassin of Lincoln. Some consider this the last futile act against the North. Part of a world famous acting family, Booth was nonetheless a southern sympathizer. He and his conspirators attempted to behead the northern government.
A meticulously crafted plan, it took 12 days for the US Army and over 1000 soldiers to corner and capture Booth. And the story has some bizarre twists and turns...
Bring your vehicle for a few critical stops along his escape route. Join us as we bring to life one of the most important dramas in the history of America.
Our journeys are a museum to 500+ near-secret places throughout the Northeast - woven & spun into immersive significant authentic thoughtful explorations that linger in the mind...
Photo tips for picture taking, compelling depth for your FB / IG / YT / TW / Pin followers! Up to 30 max and 2 Tour Guides. Includes a "box" meal upon advance request.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waldorf, MD, USA
We follow the trail into Maryland and Virginia. Key stops by Booth and his conspirator, including with the now notorious name of Dr. Mudd. The Federal troops number up to 1000 by now. Booth is running out of time and luck,,,
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring your own vehicle; no transportation provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 Precautions ...6 feet between households, at stops. ...Sanitize hands often. ...No one showing up with fever/contagious symptoms allowed ... We are scheduling tours based on COVID decreasing rapidly spring into summer. If not, we will keep you informed
- All activities Listed
- Professional Guide (English)
- Entrance Costs
- No pickup/drop-off is offered
- No transportation provided - Drive your own vehicle between stops
- Lodging / Your personal expenses./ parking, tolls
- Snacks - Neither food or drink is included
511 10th St NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
8 to 12 hours
Port Royal, VA 22535, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mountain Man Journeys LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.