Theodore Roosevelt Island is one of the secret memorials in Washington DC that most tourists and many locals miss visiting. It is different than the other memorials on the National Mall since the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial is set in natural surroundings. The island was designed and landscaped to mimic the native forest that originally covered the island. The Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Plaza is beautiful with fountains and benches shaded by native hardwood trees. At the center of the Plaza is a 17 foot tall statue of Theodore Roosevelt. The island is a relaxing oasis of nature on the Potomac River between Washington DC and Rosslyn, Virginia.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Theodore Roosevelt Island Park, George Washington Memorial Parkway, Washington DC, DC 22211
A licensed guide will meet you at Moore Street exit of the Rosslyn Metro station. From there we will walk to the pedestrian bridge to Theodore Roosevelt Island. The island is landscaped to reflect the native forest that used to cover the island hundreds of years ago. First we will visit the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Plaza near the entrance of the island. Then we will tour the rest of the island, beginning at the wooded uplands, then over the wooden boardwalk crossing the swamp trail, the river bank, and back at the wooded uplands to the pedestrian bridge. The tour will end back at the Rosslyn Metro station. We may see deer and red foxes that live on the island, beavers, turtles and tortoises, blue herons, eagles, etc. There is a lot of wildlife on the island and the river around the island.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Leashed pets are allowed
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Bottled water
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pablo Buendia in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.