The Escape Kit
• A Six-Night Stay for Two in a Beach Cabana
• Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to 12 Nights
Deep blue lagoons, lush green rain forests, and buttery-sand beaches—it's a dream-like scene you have to see to... Belize. A tropical paradise that's become an increasingly popular second-residence for celebrities and a haven for dive enthusiasts, Belize is something of a lost world—thatched roofs and clapboard houses add a minimal and unobtrusive charm to the largely undisturbed shorelines, and the Mayan ruins that pepper the jungle speak to the country's long, rich, and mysterious history.
Laid out on more than four acres of prime Caribbean real estate, on the north of Ambergris Caye just a few miles from the town of San Pedro, the boutique Portofino Beach Resort is classic Belize: authentic thatch-roof palapas, dense clusters of palm trees, lush gardens, an open-air bar, a fresh-water swimming pool, the sound of the sea lapping the shore just steps away.
And while the vibe is unmistakably rustic and centered on the natural environment, the accommodations are nothing if not plush. Each beach cabana—appointed with tropical hardwood and bamboo furniture designed by the owners themselves—features beautiful hardwood floors, air-conditioning, cable TV with DVD player, and a king-size bed.
• Consult the on-site dive shop about scuba and snorkeling trips
• One of the island's most popular restaurants, the second-floor Portofino Restaurant offers stunning views of the sea as well as European-inspired dishes crafted with local ingredients
• Ask about coordinating a caving or cave tubing adventure through sacred Mayan caverns
• The resort also offers zip-lining excursions through the jungle
• Cap it all off with a massage or another spa treatment, which Portofino arranges exclusively for guests
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 27, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 21, 2013
Portofino Beach Resort
A Belizean Cabana Is Bliss on the Sea
- from $750