• A One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior River View Room, Sundays through Thursdays beginning October 13 ($129)
• Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior River View Room, Fridays or Saturdays beginning October 13 ($149)
• One Flight of Local Beer or Wine for Each Guest
• Executive Chef Special Appetizer at the River Rock Restaurant
• Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Forming part of the border between Washington and Oregon, the spectacular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area boasts more than 70 waterfalls, including the 620-foot Multnomah Falls, as well as several dramatic bluffs and plateaus, some rising nearly 4,000 feet from the riverbed. The region is rife with opportunities for outdoor adventure, but for those who'd rather sit back and take it all in, there are a few choice perches from which to enjoy this endlessly scenic 80-mile canyon.
Skamania Lodge is a good place to start. Rustic yet upscale, this award-winning property is just 45 miles east of Portland, on the Washington side of the river—convenient for spur-of-the-moment excursions. Each of 254 cozy rooms features one king or two double beds, a coffee maker, terrycloth robes, Wi-Fi, and data ports. On-site, you'll also find a spa and fitness center, plus The Cascade Dining Room and River Rock restaurant, both serving hearty fare like elk chili as well as sandwiches, salads, and pizza.
• Guided Gorge excursions—including hiking tours, paddling tours, and cave tours—are offered through the hotel
• Treat yourself to a relaxing massage or a facial at the on-site Waterleaf Spa
• Full Sail Brewing Company pours its award-winning craft beers about 25 minutes away in Hood River
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 30, 2014
A Room with a View in the Columbia River Gorge
- from $129