From dinosaurs to space rocks, The American Museum of Natural History houses some of the world’s most fascinating artifacts. This 2.5 hour exclusive guided museum tour will take you through the 28 buildings that make up this iconic landmark. Your guide will lead you through its halls, explaining its most interesting highlights.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: American Museum of Natural History, 79th Street Central Park West, New York City, NY 10024
The 33 million objects housed in the museum cover basically all of Earth’s history, so you’ll be lucky to have a knowledgeable guide break it all down for you. Begin with the museum itself as you learn about its story in the majestic Roosevelt Rotunda where you’ll meet the first of many prehistoric creatures on your visit. Your guide will reveal how the dioramas are made as you explore the giant African mammals of the Akeley Hall.
Then move towards the dinosaur exhibits where you’ll explore some of the most complete collections of dinosaur skeletons in the world. From the gargantuan Titanosaur to the more familiar T-Rex, you’ll feel like a kid again as you learn their stories. You’ll then move on to hear about the North American Forests, featuring the giant Sequoia, before gazing up at the giant Blue Whale hanging overhead in the Hall of Ocean Life. Visit some American mammals as you learn about the National Parks of the United States. Finally, blast off beyond our orbit in the Rose Center for Earth and Space to feel unbelievably insignificant facing the mysteries of the cosmos. Where else in New York can you feel like you’ve traveled through time and space without leaving the Upper West Side?
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Notes: The Met museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Skip-the-Line Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Duration 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly
- All Entrance Fees
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Entry/Admission - American Museum of Natural History
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours NYC in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings