Explore beyond the Big Apple with a full-day tour to Washington DC from New York City. You'll capture the spirit of "the home of the brave and land of the free" as you visit the monuments and memorials of Washington DC.
Help create a better planet for everyone to travel and explore. We have partnered with One Tree Planted to plant one tree for every passenger that travels with us along with an extra tree for anyone that books multiple trips.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Empire Vacations Day Tours - New York, 777 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10036-7009
Departing from New York and heading south, pass through the states of New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland before arriving at Washington DC's Capitol Hill. Here, your tour will start with a stop at Arlington Cemetery to visit JFK's gravesite.
Next, head further into Washington to see the Capitol, Senate, and White House, the heart of the US government. Your tour then continues to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum before visiting the Washington, Lincoln, Vietnam, and Korean Memorials for exploration and pictures.
Late in the afternoon, you'll embark on a panoramic city tour before departing Washington for an early-evening arrival back in New York City.
Please Note: This tour is scheduled to stop in front of the White House, Capitol, and Senate for commentary and photo ops. However, please note that sometimes this is not possible due to security issues. In the event of this occurring, your tour will be adjusted accordingly.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arlington National Cemetery, Entrance at Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington, VA 22211
Veterans of every American war from the Revolution to the country's most recent conflicts are buried at Arlington, which was officially declared a military cemetery in 1864. Among the more than 260,000 dead are three unidentified service members, buried at the Tomb of the Unknowns, and John F. Kennedy, whose gravesite is marked by an eternal flame.
Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, DC 20004
The Capitol is among the most architecturally impressive and symbolically important buildings in the world. The Senate and the House of Representatives have met here for more than two centuries. Begun in 1793, the Capitol has been built, burnt, rebuilt, extended, and restored; today, it stands as a monument not only to its builders but also to the American people and their government.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, DC 20500
One of America's most recognizable historical and political symbols is also the home and office of the President of the United States.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION - WE WILL RETURN TO AIR AND SPACE AS SOON AS IT RE-OPENS IN THE MEANTIME WE GO TO THE SMITHSONIAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, DC 20560
We visit the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and visit the extremely popular "Deep Time" exhibit full of real dinosaur fossils including the T-REX and Triceratops.
THIS MUSEUM IS A TEMPORARY ATTRACTION WHILE THE AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM IS CLOSED.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, 5 Henry Bacon Dr NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
This emotionally stirring memorial pays tribute to the men and women who served in one of America's most controversial wars.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever." Beneath these words, the 16th President of the United States sits immortalized in marble as an enduring symbol of unity, strength, and wisdom.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Korean War Veterans Memorial, 10 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington DC, DC 20002
This memorial to Korean War veterans consists of the Pool of Remembrance and the triangular Field of Service depicting 19 soldiers on the field of combat.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Time at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is approximately 1.5-hours
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted - wifi and restrooms on full size buses only.
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
- In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
- Air and space Museum is currently under renovations - entrance is not guaranteed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Free Wi-Fi on bus only
- Entry/Admission - National Air and Space Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
330 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
11 to 13 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Empire Vacations in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings