KB Tours is one of the few African American Heritage tours in Washington DC.
We tour to all four quadrants of the city. We like to show people the historic African American neighborhoods of Washington DC. We like to go off the beat and path . All of our guides knowledge of the interesting black history of Washington DC. We pride ourselves on giving good facts and telling great stories of Washington DC. Our guides will stay you throughout the tour.
We try to telling you facts that you never knew . We like to have fun and make people laugh but also keep them engage with stories.
We keep young children engaged on the tour by having to participate with the guide on the tour .After taking our tour you will be ready with your thirst for knowledge to enter the Museum of African American History and Culture.
You must take the tour to receive a ticket to the museum
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
The tour guide will give information about the Lincoln Memorial as well as information about the historic African American events that have taken place at the Memorial. You will hear stories about the March on Washington, Marion Anderson Concert and Robert Moten giving the dedication speech for the opening of the Lincoln Memorial
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, 1850 West Basin Drive SW Near West Basin Drive SW & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC, DC 20024
Tour guide will show and explain the Inscription wall with 14 quotes and statements, the Mountain of Despair and the Stone of Hope. You will be told interesting and facts about the making of the King Memorial .
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, 1411 W St SE, Washington DC, DC 20020-4813
The tour guide will lead you on a tour of the grounds of the Douglass house. The guide will give you history of Frederick Douglass and his house. On occasional days you will be able to tour the house. The days that you can actually tour the house will be on our webpage.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, DC 20004
You will be able to stand where the inauguration of President Obama took place. You will hear stories of how slaves help build the Capitol and the White House. You will hear how the Supreme Court which was in the Capitol made several decisions that affected people of color for decades .
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: African American Civil War Memorial Museum, 1925 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20001-4125
You will learn about the 209, 000 African American troops and sailors that fought during the Civil War. The memorial was dedicated in 1998 . You will be able to read the plaques that have the names of all the USCT that were in the 166 regiments . You will able to see the statue call Sprit of Freedom which was done by Ed Hamilton.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Howard University, 2400 6th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20059-0002
We will drive past one of the great universities in the United States. Howard University was established in 1867. The University has 13 schools . Some of the graduates of Howard are Thurgood Marshall, Elijah Cummings,, Taraji Henson and Toni Morrison .
Pass By: Mary McLeod Bethune Council House, 1318 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20005-3607
We will drive past the Bethune Council house. Mrs Bethune bought the house in the 1943. The design of the house second French Empire . The house can be toured Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays
Stop At: National Museum of African American History and Culture, 1400 Constitution Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20560-0007
At the end of the 4 hour tour you will be given tickets to the Museum of African American History and Culture. The tickets will be same day tickets. Once inside the museum you will be able to stay up until 5:30 when the museum closes. Once you arrive at the museum the tour is over. You must take the tour to get the ticket to the museum
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Tickets to Museum of African American History and Culture
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
US Navy Memorial Plaza, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
National Museum of African American History and Culture, 1400 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KB Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.