This tour is the ultimate All-American story told through the Smithsonian Museums, in the US capital city of Washington DC, taking you on private tours to both the National Museum of American History and the Museum of Natural History.
Your private tour will start at the National Museum of American History, where you’ll learn the vast sweep of American history. Enjoy a guided meander through the museum whilst learning about America’s socio-political and cultural history, from medical advancement to wars, from slavery to segregation, from tragedies to triumphs, and the breakthroughs made for ‘herstory’ by female mathematicians, artists, and artisans.
Next, you’ll take a short break before heading to the Museum of Natural History, where your private guide will show you the highlights of the museum and any new must-see temporary exhibits. If there are any particular exhibits you're curious about, please let your guide know, as they'll happily tailor the tour for you.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Museum of American History, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Between 12th and 14th Street, Washington DC, DC 20560
Begin with a private tour of the National Museum of American History, where your guide will give you an overview of American history, before exploring the exhibitions in more depth.
- See several artefacts underpinning the American political and cultural landscape.
- Explore exhibitions that focus on America’s triumphs, tragedies, wars, and protests.
- Learn about American women's history, African American history, Latin American history, and any area you have particular interests in.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Enjoy a short break before heading to your next destination, the Museum of Natural History, one of the world’s largest collections of the natural world.
- Explore the museum’s highlights, including the Hope Diamond donated by Harry Winston, a T-Rex fossil, and a short film depicting the history of mammals over 200 million years.
- Immerse yourself in earth’s many ecosystems, including the Sant Ocean Hall, where you can see some of the smallest and largest animals in the oceans.
Duration: 2 hours
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A friendly, professional English-speaking tour guide for your own private group
- Entrance to Smithsonian museums of American History & Natural History
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Transportation on the day (if required)
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Travel Curious in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings