Fairy-Tale Fête on the Emerald Isle
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort • Waterford, Ireland
- A Two- ($631) or Four-Night ($837) Stay for Two in a Deluxe Suite
- Dinner for Two on the First Night
- Clay Target Shooting for Two
- Daily Afternoon Tea for Two
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
Once upon a time, there was a castle inhabited by a beautiful princess, Mary Fitzgerald. The plot thickens, though, as she married Prince Caracciolo of Italy before selling the fort out of the family in 1958. This week, the Fitzgerald family's loss is every Escapee's gain, as the property is now home to a hotel and golf resort.
Get away to the enchanting Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, regularly celebrated by Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as one of the world's top hotels.
It's about 100 miles from Dublin, and with this week's Escape you'll get a two- ($631) or four-night ($837) stay for two in a Deluxe Suite. You'll also get a clay target shooting package for two, late 2 p.m. checkout, afternoon tea for two each day, and dinner for two on the first night at the award-winning Munster Room Restaurant.
This bewitching tale begins with a short ferry crossing to the private island where the 320-acre resort—recently voted a Travellers' Choice Top 25 Hotel in Ireland—is situated. You'll be directed to your Deluxe Suite, which is elegantly appointed with a king-size bed and en suite twin, plus a sitting area with TV.
Your story continues at the on-site golf course. The par-72 links were designed by former Ryder Cup player Des Smyth, and they wind through 200 acres of mature woodland and parkland. After completing the 6,814-yard course, you can relax in the lavish clubhouse.
And if you spent the morning hacking away from the bunker, you'll probably want to blow off some steam. You're in luck: The on-site clay pigeon range is the perfect place to do so, and with this week's Escape you'll be treated to range time and equipment for two.
Take some time to explore Waterford City. Ireland's oldest tourist destination was founded by the Vikings in 915 AD, and today it offers shops, restaurants, theaters, and bars.
Get a taste of happily ever after with this storybook Escape to Waterford Castle, sure to cure what ails a modern-day damsel (or dude) in distress.
For additional information, visit Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort on Facebook.
"Throughout the grey stone castle there are antiques redolent of an elegant past, and a carved granite archway leads to the grand entrance hall, where a blazing fire warmed our welcome."-- Hotel Reviews Ireland
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid in July, August, September and limited availability on weekends
- Based upon double occupancy
- Upgrades available at booking
- Internet access available
- Airfare not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 23, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2012 • Enjoy By December 23, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings