Deep Woods Discovery on East Bearskin Lake
Bearskin Lodge • Grand Marais, MN
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in Any Cabin or Lodge Room, Sundays through Thursdays from September 4 to October 22 ($397)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in Any Cabin or Lodge Room, Any Days of the Week from October 23 to December 13 ($358)
- $50 Credit Toward Equipment Rental or a Future Stay
Like the lynx that roam through its thickets of spruce, a trip midway up Minnesota's 57-mile-long Gunflint Trail calls for a natural sense of curiosity. Foster a fascination with the majestic wildlife and wooded backcountry of the Superior National Forest with this week's Escape to Bearskin Lodge in Grand Marais, Minnesota.
Take a hearty gulp of crisp country air and follow your intrigue to one of the fully furnished cabins or lodge rooms on East Bearskin Lake, where you'll stay for three nights on Sundays through Thursdays (September 4 to October 22; $397) or any day of the week (October 23 to December 13; $358). Set on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), the lodge has welcomed guests to its cabins and campsites since 1925—reconnect with nature in a space that may feature bedrooms with skylights, wraparound windows, and wood-burning fireplaces.
Rugged and removed, your stay at Bearskin provides plenty of opportunities to explore the Gunflint wilderness. From canoeing and cross-country skiing to hiking and fishing, you can easily catch a peak at the wealth of moose, bears, and wolves that call the area home. Later, take a trip to the center of Grand Marais.
"The gateway to the Gunflint is Grand Marais, a slapdash town of about 1,400 residents built along a snug natural harbor on Superior," says The New York Times. "Its setting, on Superior's craggy shore, attracts more artists and free spirits than most northern towns. Its points of interest include the workshops and summertime festival of the Grand Marais Art Colony and the historic paintings in the Johnson Heritage Post Art Gallery."
As dinner calls, captivate your taste buds with a meal at the Trail Center Lodge. Order the Canadian walleye, served charbroiled or lightly fried, and then take the bait of an old-fashioned malt for dessert.
Finally, reflect on your new discoveries in the lodge's private hot tub. And just think—with your $50 credit to use toward equipment rentals or a future stay, your sapling of Bearskin knowledge has plenty of room to grow into a towering trunk of expertise.
"Of the many lodges strung out along the Gunflint, north of Grand Marais, Bearskin most elegantly combines the pleasures of wilderness and luxury, creatures and comfort."-- Minnesota Monthly
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Stay must be completed by: December 13, 2012
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: November 21-25, 2012
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Lodging taxes not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes $50 to spend toward equipment rental or toward a future Stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Valid for new customers
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 13, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2012 • Enjoy By December 13, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings