A Camping Classic with an Original Twist in Scotland
Adventure in the Meadow • Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Kocoon Wooden Tent
- Need Help? Contact our Travel Concierge on 0207-763-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org Between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
Eager young Scouts like to sit around the camp fire and keep one another awake with ghoulish tales. But if you're sleeping under a hastily erected patch of nylon that offers as much protection from the elements as a sugar umbrella, you won't be sleeping much anyway.
Enjoy an altogether more cosy camping experience that will certainly keep the horror stories away with Adventure in the Meadow, six miles south of Edinburgh in the picturesque grounds of Kirkhill Mansion. For £39, you and a fellow Scout or Guide will enjoy two nights in a homely Kocoon—a wooden tent that boasts insulation to keep out the chills, twinkling LED lights, and twin beds for a restful night's sleep (up to a £152 value).
Friday and Saturday Nights in August are available for a £25 supplement, and with availability for the much-loved Edinburgh Fringe, there couldn't be an easier (or more fun way) to experience the festival.
There's no merit badge for glamorous camping—glamping—but you can still enjoy the full outdoors experience. With a pack of firewood and a fire pit, you can spend the evening toasting marshmallows, stargazing, or even telling spooky tales. For a true stay with style, you can enjoy an hour's soak in the outdoor hot tub for £10, or hire a gas barbecue without charge—bangers and burgers are the ideal camping grub, after all. If you'd rather let someone else do the work, breakfast is available in the Mansion for £7.95 per person.
And when you're ready to roam, there's plenty in the local area to keep you entertained. Gloriously gothic Edinburgh historic elegance with cutting edge culture and nightlife; if you'd rather get away from it all, a long ramble through the Pentland Hills and up Arthur's Seat, the tallest of Edinburgh's hills, will provide an invigorating afternoon.
We believe in doing a good turn daily, which is why we're bringing you this Escape—you're grown-up Boy Scouts and Brownies now, and you deserve a camping experience with a touch of class.
"The wooden Kocoon is especially designed to be used like a tent but with greater comfort, insulation, and protection from the elements."-- Adventure in the Meadow
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 nights for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- £25 supplement will be charged for Friday and Saturday night stays in August
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 9 November 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Check-in between 3 pm and 7 pm, checkout 10.30 am
- Free parking available
- Deal based on double occupancy in a kacoon
- Voucher includes firewood upon arrival
- Children under 6 and pets not allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Additional features available: Archery (available in August only) £25 per person; Hot tub £10 per hour (can seat 6/8 persons); Breakfast in the Mansion available (full cooked Scottish Breakfast) between 10.30-11.30 each day for an additional £7.95 per person; BBQ every afternoon available for purchase of burgers, hotdogs and soft drinks
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 0131 240 0080 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 9, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 9, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 9, 2012 • Enjoy By November 9, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 0207 763 4600
- 74% savings