A Cosy Curio-Filled Hotel in Wild Exmoor
Miller's at The Anchor Hotel • Somerset, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Harbour View Double Room with Full English Breakfast
- Miller's Gin and Tonic Each on Arrival
- Cream Tea for Two on One Afternoon
- Bottle of Wine If Dining
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
In 918, the village of Porlock had the misfortune to be attacked by pirates, but the kings of the day managed to beat them back. So what better place than this charming coastal village in Exmoor to hole up safe from the chilly nights? The excellently eccentric Miller's at The Anchor Hotel, run by antiques expert Martin Miller, invites you for a cosy two-night package for two for just £179 (up to a £363 value).
You will be greeted at this 200-year-old harbour-side hotel with a Martin Miller's own brand of gin and tonic each to sip as you admire the curios filling the hotel. Bunk down in a theatrical harbour view room, well appointed with period features and decorated in rich shades, and admire the breathtaking views over Porlock Weir. Come evening you'll be ready to hole up for the night by the crackle of a roaring log fire, whilst candles complement the cosy, romantic atmosphere. Amongst the many eccentric curiosities are thousands of books which you can peruse whilst nibbling on a sweet treat from one of the confectionary bowls. A late 1 p.m. checkout means you'll get to enjoy it all the longer.
Each morning you will be treated to a full English breakfast, and on one day, a Captain's table treat of cream tea with scones, clotted cream, and jam. Choose to sample the evening menu and you'll discover heartily warming dishes such as smoked beef Wellington and roasted pheasant breast with pumpkin puree; dine on one or both evenings, and you'll receive a bottle of wine to accompany the cuisine.
The stunning national park is all the more breathtaking in the cooler months, with Autumnal shades of red and copper colouring the landscape, so be sure to grab your coat and scarf and head out for a romantic stroll. But with a DVD player in your room and a library of DVDs to choose from, it'll be mighty tempting to just snuggle up under the duvet with a movie too.
This Escape is for two people staying for two nights, and is available for stays between Sunday and Thursday.
"Antiques guru Martin Miller and Tanya, his daughter, have created an extraordinary hunting lodge by the sea. Their 14-bedroom hotel is an Aladdin's Cave of bygones, curios, and candlelight."-- The Telegraph
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation - bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2013
- Voucher valid for bookings between Sundays to Thursdays (very limited availability at weekends)
- Voucher not valid on Christmas Day, New Years Day, and bank holidays
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Harbour View Double Room
- Voucher includes Miller's Gin and Tonic Each on Arrival, Cream Tea for Two on One Afternoon, Bottle of Wine If Dining, and Late 1 p.m. Checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01643 862 753 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings