Unwrap the Holiday Spirit in Historic Oxford
Robert Morris Inn • Oxford, MD
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Captain ($175) or Admiral Room ($199)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Afternoon Tea
- Late Noon Checkout
While the British colonists of old Oxford were certainly fond of baubles and bows, yesteryear doesn't hold a candle to the holiday sparkle of today's town. Treat yourself or loved ones to the gift of seasonal spirit with an Escape to Oxford's Robert Morris Inn, set on Maryland's Eastern Shore just 90 minutes from Washington, DC.
Set off on a two-night stay for two in a Captain Room mini-suite ($175) or water-view Admiral Room ($199) and let your yuletide yearnings run wild—you'll have plenty of time to recover from the eggnog with late noon checkout.
Once home to the famed "Financier of the Revolution" and frequented by forefathers like George Washington, this 1710 estate mixes Old World charm with modern, five-star service. Its exposed beams, paneled walls, and roaring fireplaces exude the elegance of eras past.
Each guest room boasts period décor such as rich hardwood accents and grand four-poster beds. Captain Rooms offer an intimate abode overlooking the town, while larger Admiral Rooms boast seating areas and river or bay views—perfect for gazing out at the picturesque Eastern Shore landscape.
You'll feast like a king during your festive gourmet breakfast, made by star Chef Mark Salter and his team. Later, savor afternoon tea, complete with scones and homemade cookies.
If history tops your holiday wish list, head to the The Oxford Museum to see more than 2,500 artifacts dating back to Oxford's days as one of America's first colonial ports. Or, admire nature at the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, a 27,000-acre swath of rich tidal marshes that serve as a haven for ducks and migrating geese.
Not far down the road, the famous waterfront town of St. Michaels beckons with quaint streets and a bustling marina, while historic downtown Easton brims with storefronts advertising classic antiques.
Indulge in more fine cuisine at the inn's tavern, where Chef Salter blends classic techniques with local ingredients. You can relish dishes like creamy sweet potato soup and savory, award-winning Maryland crab cakes.
This Escape makes a thoughtful holiday gift for friends and family—or even yourself. And after reveling in all the cheer, you may need all the king's horses and all the king's men to roll you out of the Robert Morris Inn.
"I have had several opportunities to dine at the Robert Morris Inn—the food is fantastic and the service is incredible. The rooms provide plenty of space and rustic charm; you can feel the history of the Eastern Shore."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): Saturdays, all major holidays
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings