Whiskey Appreciation in the Shenandoah Valley
The Mimslyn Inn • Luray, VA
get it now to save even moreclose
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Historic Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($189)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Historic Room, Fridays and Saturdays ($209)
- Breakfast for Two
- Whiskey-Infused Dinner for Two
- Tour of Copper Fox Distillery and Two Souvenir Whiskey Glasses
Historic character and relaxed sophistication lends this Luray inn an air of Southern gentility.
Nicknamed "The Big Valley," the Shenandoah spans nearly 200 miles of verdant terrain throughout the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains. Scenic byways give way to a topographical mélange of woodlands, wineries, farmsteads, and undulating mountain ranges that transform with the change of each season. Beyond providing a breathtaking setting for major events in American history—from early pioneer days through the Civil War—the valley has become a premier wine region, competing with products from the likes of California and France.
A colonial-style inn fronted by beautifully manicured gardens and stately white columns, The Mimslyn Inn has been charming guests of Luray since it was built in 1931, earning it a designation among the Historic Hotels of America. But since its recent multi-million-dollar renovation, this AAA Three Diamond property is rich with modern amenities such as a full-service spa, a fitness center, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Guest rooms feature pillow-top beds fitted with 300-thread-count linens as well as wireless Internet and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries.
The Mimslyn is still home to the popular Speakeasy Restaurant & Bar, as well as the upscale Circa '31 restaurant, where guests will tuck into a multi-course, whiskey-infused dinner for two. Dishes like poached pear salad, oysters on the half shell, braised short rib, and bread pudding are each prepared with Wasmund's Whiskey from Copper Fox Distillery.
• Sit down to a whiskey-infused dinner
• Set out for a tour of Copper Fox Distillery
• Check out other distilleries and wineries along the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop
• Take one of the many tours offered daily through the famed Luray Caverns
• Visit the famously beautiful Shenandoah National Park
"Recently reopened, the Mimslyn Inn once again stands as one of the Shenandoah's finest guest experiences."-- Historic Hotels of America
"Historic, multi-million-dollar renovated hotel in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The spa experience was excellent. The food was shockingly fantastic."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through May 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability; credit card required
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes breakfast for 2, whiskey-infused dinner for 2, souvenir whiskey glasses, and tour of Copper Fox distillery; must call 540-987-8554 in advance to make tour reservation
- All inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant re-scheduling policy of $50 applies, merchant cancellation policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; voucher name must match reservation name
- Upgrades available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Blackout dates: March 1 and 28, April 19-20, and 26, May 10-11, 23-24, and 26, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 14, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2014 • Enjoy By May 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms