Watch Majestic Gray Whales off the Coast of Mexico
Baja Jones Adventure Travel •
- A Five-Day Whale-Watching Safari to Laguna Ojo de Liebres, Mexico ($1,999 to $2,065 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from San Diego to Guerrero Negro, Mexico (Flights Not Included)
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at a Safari-Style Tent Resort at Laguna Ojo de Liebre and One Night at Hotel Misión Cataviña
- Five Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Five Whale-Watching Boat Trips on Laguna Ojo de Liebre
- Two Guided Nature Walks
- Two Margarita Happy Hours
- Visit to Cataviña Cave Paintings
- English-Speaking Guide Throughout
- Hotel Fees and Admission Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Halfway down Mexico's Baja Peninsula, El Vizcaíno Biosphere Reserve is warm and dry, the sky a sapphire blue with tufted clouds. And the lagoons on its Pacific coast happen to attract some of the most spectacular marine life on the planet.
Laguna Ojo de Liebre (alongside its sister Laguna San Ignacio) offers a placid stage for the convergence of some of the hemisphere's most dynamic ecosystems. Wintering whales are the biggest attraction—northern pacific gray whales use the shelter of the lagoons to reproduce—but these massive mammals aren't the only aquatic life on display. Bottlenose dolphins, harbor seals, and four species of endangered sea turtles gather in these saline waters.
On land, a simple nature walk reveals a world of wetlands, marshes, dunes, deserts, and caves. Beneath the rocks of Cataviña, millennia-old cave paintings show how these stunning surroundings inspired artists of a bygone era.
Take in a world teeming with all forms of life on this five-day whale-watching trip to Laguna Ojo de Liebre, in El Vizcaíno Biosphere Reserve, courtesy of Baja Jones Adventure Travel.
day 1: Your tour group convenes in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn San Diego - Bayside (accommodations not included). You'll board private vans at 4 a.m. for the full-day drive to Guerrero Negro, the nearest town to Laguna Ojo de Liebre. Refueling stops around 6 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. give you time to stretch your legs. Around noon, you'll stop to eat lunch and visit the cave paintings near the village of Cataviña. The van will arrive in Guerrero Negro around 4 or 5 p.m., at which point you'll settle into a tented resort on the shores of Laguna Ojo de Liebre. Get comfortable in seasonal safari-style tents that feature real beds with plush mattresses and warm, fluffy comforters to snuggle in at night. In addition to clothing storage, the tents provide solar-powered lighting, battery-operated head lamps, robes, and slippers.
Overnight in a two-person tent. Breakfast in transit, lunch, and dinner provided.
days 2 and 3: Each morning, you'll rise and shine for an early whale-watching trip on Laguna Ojo de Liebre. Curious gray whales and their calves are known to swim right up to the boat. Break for lunch, then embark on another whale-watching trip in the early afternoon. A nature walk and nightly margarita happy hour with your companions will round out both days.
Two nights in a two-person tent. Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: Set out on your last whale-watching trip this morning, packing up your things after lunch. You'll board the van around 1 p.m. for the trip back to San Diego, stopping in Cataviña to eat dinner and spend the night.
Overnight at Hotel Misión Cataviña. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: The drive home resumes in the morning. You'll stop for fuel in San Quintin then Enseñada, where you'll enjoy lunch at a traditional Mexican taco stand. The wait time for crossing the border into the US varies, but you should arrive back at the Holiday Inn San Diego - Bayside around 4 p.m.
Breakfast in transit and lunch provided.
• Arrive January 18, 22, 28; March 18, 23 ($1,999)
• Arrive January 31; February 3, 6; March 3, 6, 8, 11, 16 ($2,065)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print). Flights not included.
"The 25,000-square-kilometer Reserva de la Biosfera El Vizcaíno is one of Latin America’s largest single protected areas. It includes the major gray-whale calving areas of Laguna San Ignacio and Laguna Ojo de Liebre."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Trips starting in January must be confirmed by January 7 all other trips must be confirmed by January 15, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- All participants are required to willingly sign the liability waiver and adventure trip acceptance of responsibility forms
- All participants are required to have travel insurance that includes coverage for injuries and illness, emergency evacuation and cancellation due to personal situations of the participant
- Group size max is 18 per date; book early to get your preferred dates
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at a Safari-Style Tent Resort at Laguna Ojo de Liebre and One Night at Hotel Misión Cataviña, Five Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners, Five Whale-Watching Boat Trips on Laguna Ojo de Liebre, Two Guided Nature Walks, Two Margarita Happy Hours, Visit to Cataviña Cave Paintings, English-Speaking Guide Throughout, Hotel Fees and Admission Fees
- Passport required, visas are not needed for American citizens, tourist card may be required to be paid for at the border (approx $25)
- Does not include airfare gratuities, meals, snacks or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 23, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 16, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 23, 2014 • Enjoy By March 23, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings