Shop, Wrap & Stay at This Independence B&B
Silver Heart Inn Bed and Breakfast • Independence, MO
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Shirley Gamble or Margery Stone Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays and Saturdays ($129)
- Gift-Wrapping Supplies and Refreshments
Steeped in 19th century refinement, this romantic bed and breakfast sits near the top attractions and stores of historic Independence.
There's no better place to begin an adventure into the history of the Old West than in Independence, Missouri. The wagon trains might be gone, but log cabins, Civil War sites, covered wagon rides, and Victorian mansions still pepper this home for heritage just five miles outside Kansas City. While Independence Square—the site of the old courthouse—remains the central figure in this town of more than 100,000 residents, former President Harry Truman's old home, museum, and library also draw crowds. And from the boutiques downtown to the city's expansive mall, Independence is a dreamland for shoppers.
Originally built in 1856, Silver Heart Inn Bed & Breakfast combines the charms of a bygone era with the comforts and conveniences of today—perfect for couples seeking an escape from the daily grind. In the morning, prepare your palate for the highlight of your stay. Made with locally sourced and innovative ingredients, breakfast might include dishes like blueberry-pecan French toast, a garden frittata, hazelnut creme berry-banana crêpes, or garlic-cheddar biscuits
The beautifully appointed rooms are all equipped with Wi-Fi, a Keurig coffeemaker, and a flat panel TV, but also period antiques reminiscent of the inn's 19th century roots. Each one has a distinct style and unique furnishings:
Shirley Gamble Room. This spacious room features sumptuous, Asian-inspired décor, a fireplace, and a four-poster queen bed.
Margery Stone Room. Bright and airy, with floral wallpaper, this room features a queen-size bed and antique wooden furniture.
"Very nice! The breakfast and the hospitality were awesome. The bed and breakfast has a lot of history, and I enjoyed hearing the family stories. Independence also has a lot of history and plenty to do."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - January 31, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Room type subject to availability
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2015 • Enjoy By January 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings