You missed it This great deal for Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy is over. But don't despair, we've got more great deals every day.
Related Deals That You May Like
Ruff's Barbeque Shoppe
The Basics of Backyard Barbeque Class for Two
Soaring Adventures of America
Hot Air Balloon Ride for One or Two People
The Elkhorn Stables
One-Hour Horseback Trail Ride for 1, 2, or 4
The Denver Booze Cruise
2-Hour Bicycle Bar Tour for Up to 12
Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy
Creamery Tour, Cheesemaking Class, and Tasting on an Upcoming Thursday or Sunday
90% recommendedin LivingSocial customer ratings
More than 4,000 Facebook likes!
Born from a passion for animals and art, this spot reveres simplicity in its pursuit of perpetually delightful dairy. These goat-loving visionaries have been producing simple, yet innovative varieties for decades:
• $45 ($75 value) for a tour, one cheesemaking class, and tasting
• Pick a date that works for you: 8/7, 8/10, 8/17, 8/21, 8/24, 8/31, 9/7, or 9/14
• Cherish your chevre at this experience, held Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What to Expect
Foodies, cheese lovers, and ungulate aficionados rejoice -- if you're looking for a taste of the pastoral life, this experience is for you. Over the course of three hours, you'll visit multiple venues as you fully delve into the cheesemaking process. First, you'll start with a tour of Haystack Mountain Creamery that includes a good look at aging caves, cheese presses, and other tools of the trade; then you'll follow the flow from milk to curds and whey, meet the head cheesemaker, and continue on to meet the goats.
With your group, you'll head down the road to a picturesque farmstead in nearby Niwot, at the foot of Haystack Mountain, to meet the animals: a glorious Brahma rooster, hens, ducklings, and -- of course -- goats. Take in the sweetness of the mountain breezes, old wood, and fresh hay as you learn their names, pat their heads and husky hides, see them scamper about and trim the grasses and the trees with their teeth. Then, continue your practical education by learning how to care for them, herding techniques, and even some tips on backyard chicken keeping.
To round out your experience, you'll set up shop at cheesemaking stations -- in view of the Flatirons and Pikes Peak -- and work some milk to create a simple farmer's cheese. Follow this hands-on experience up with a picnic on the plain, where you'll enjoy a tasting of the range of Haystack Mountain's delicious cheeses, from Applewood Smoked chevre to Snowdrop, Queso de Mano, and Red Cloud sure to entice and satisfy your taste buds.
#ShareIt:We think this is a perfect event to enjoy with friends. Use LivingSocial's Me + 3 program to get them there with you: Have your friends buy off of your personal link and if three make a purchase, your deal is free!
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 29, 2021
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 14, 2014
Buy this Deal with confidence, because it's covered by the LivingSocial Good Deal Guarantee up to the Voucher Expiration DateSee Details »
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Appointments required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Valid only for date selected at time of purchase
- All services must be redeemed during a single visit by same customer
- Other conditions apply
shop unique gifts and deliver them with style
easy, flexible delivery
print it out, email it now, or schedule it for a later date--it's up to you
special printed voucher
Deal Fine Print
Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
• Appointments required and subject to availability
• Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
• Valid only for date selected at time of purchase
• All services must be redeemed during a single visit by same customer
• PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 29, 2021
• PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 14, 2014
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms