• A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($255)
• Fresh Flower Bouquet
• Homemade Newport Chocolates
• Bottle of Wine
The summer home of presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy, the storied beach town of Newport, Rhode Island, is anything but dead come winter. It may be a nip chillier, but the beaches are beautiful (especially with a light dusting of snow, which makes for cozy, romantic nights), and the Newport Mansions are always a sight to behold. There's even the nine-day Winter Festival beginning February 15, which features concerts, cook-offs, and more.
The comfortable Admiral Fitzroy Inn, built in 1854 and featured on the National Register of Historic Places, sits right in the heart of Newport's historic waterfront district. Intimate, though never crowded, the inn features 18 uniquely furnished rooms that recall Old World charm with antique sleigh beds, hand-painted walls and armoires, and other understated touches. All rooms are equipped with a small fridge, a phone, cable TV, a tea kettle with fixings, and a private bath. For an additional $40 per night, upgrade to a King Suite with a jetted bathtub and a seasonal semi-private deck (based on availability).
• Visit several historic Newport Mansions that reside along 80 acres of gardens and parks
• Explore numerous Newport shops like Down Under Jewelry and Tropical Gangsters
• Satisfy your appetite at Cafe Zelda, known for its chicken-fried lobster and grilled filet mignon, or the Red Parrot Restaurant, which serves creative cocktails and New England clam chowder
• At the end of the day, head back to your room and indulge in fine chocolates from The Newport Sweet Shoppe
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2013
Admiral Fitzroy Inn
Romance on the Shores of Rhode Island
- from $199