The Escape Kit
• A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Main Lodge Room or Pet-Friendly Motel Unit, Sundays through Thursdays, from May 27 through June 20, 2013 ($111) or from June 21 through October 16, 2013 ($131)
• One Day of Breakfast for Two at Cascade Restaurant
• One Day of Included Bike, Canoes, Trek Pole, Backpack, and Golf Disc Rentals for Two
• Combine Unlimited Vouchers to Extend Stay
Whereas most pretty places have their share of spotty seasons, Northern Minnesota showcases seamlessly gorgeous natural scenery all the darn time—and the Cascade Lodge in Lutsen gives you a front-row seat to witness it—and all the biking, canoeing, snowshoeing, or skiing that comes with it—on the glistening shores of Lake Superior.
There's no end in sight to the cross-country trails and cobblestone beaches that surround this property flanked by Cascade River State Park. Rustic yet comfortable, the well-appointed rooms in this pet-friendly lodge (yes, you can bring your pooch for certain accommodations) don't skimp on atmospheric touches—most notably window views of Lake Superior. Breakfasts in the on-site restaurant feature hearty Midwestern fare: think, eggs Benedict, Swedish pancakes, and breakfast burritos. Dinner at the nearby Cascade Restaurant and Pub features bacon-wrapped-blue cheese steak and in-season catches from the lake that pair great with an impressive wine and craft-beer list.
• Hike or bike through surrounding Cascade River State Park
• Head to Arrowhead Center for the Arts to sample live theater and music
• Master the art of bread making, woodcarving, and other local crafts at North House Folk School
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 16, 2013
Celebrate Summer on Lake Superior
- from $111