Having to abandon your car and trudge through the snow to safety during the recent cold winters may have seemed like the end of the world. Today's deal gives you the chance to visit the Shackleton Endurance Exhibition and follow in the footsteps of the great explorer, who rescued his crew from the grip of polar ice in one of the great feats of the heroic age of Antarctic exploration.
- Pay €5 (a €10 value) for two adult tickets to the inspiring exhibition at Dun Laoghaire harbour.
- Alternatively, pay €6 (a €12 value) for a family ticket -- two adults and two children under 12.
- See the progress of the expedition in a sequence of more than a hundred and fifty photographs taken by the trip's photographer Frank Hurley, displayed alongside a series of diary excerpts.
- Feel a shiver as you inspect a life-size replica of the fragile twenty-foot lifeboat 'James Caird', instrumental in the rescue, and which survived hurricane-force winds that sank a five hundred-ton steamer.
- Since its curation in 2000, this painstakingly assembled exhibition has visited America, Ireland, Spain, and the UK.
Defrosting the windscreen won't seem such a hardship once you've been to the end of the world with the Shackleton voyage. Click 'Buy Now' before this deal freezes over.
Want more? Check out Earnest Shackleton Endurance Exhibition on Facebook.
Enjoy By November 3, 2013