• A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Water-View Room with a Bottle of Bedell Cellars Wine, Arriving on Sundays and Mondays ($369)
• Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Water-View Room with Dinner for Two at Pridwin's Wednesday Night Cookout, Arriving on Tuesdays and Wednesdays ($399)
• A One-Hour Kayak or Paddle Board Rental
• Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Dotting the edge of Long Island—buoyed in the waters of Gardiners Bay—Shelter Island is a rightly named retreat just two-and-a-half hours west of NYC. Embodying the beauty of a sea-swept New England town, the island's 8,000 acres are best seen by foot or by boat: Hike the bluffs to see wildlife, stroll through a neighborhood of historic Victorian homes, and glide along the currents in a kayak. After sunset, grab a seafood dinner of fresh oysters and scallops.
Built at the end of the 1920s, The Pridwin Beach Hotel & Cottages embraces the sanctity of summer. Only opening its doors for the sun-and-fun season, this ten-acre property is a classic Americana retreat. Whitewashed wicker furniture adorns the breezy living room and bright, youthful shades color the hotel's collection of 40 modern accommodations where water-view rooms feature king or queen-size beds, a television, and a private bathroom. After relaxing with an afternoon cocktail at the Pridwin Lounge or sampling fresh yellowfin tuna in the dining room—a majority of the restaurant's fresh fish is caught by the owner and one of his sons—mingle with your fellow guests on the hotel's Gatsby-esque porch with views of Crescent Beach.
• Hike a tree-lined trail inside the 2,100-acre Mashomack Preserve
• Paddle with a guide from Shelter Island Kayak Tours
• Swim in the waters of Orient Beach State Park
• Try local oysters at Vine Street Cafe
• Organize a match at the Shelter Island Tennis Club, located at the hotel
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 26, 2013
The Pridwin Beach Hotel & Cottages
Sun and Fun on Crescent Beach
- from $369