The market town of Wem in Shropshire made its name as the birthplace of the sweet pea, and still celebrates Henry Eckford's unassuming flower at its annual festival. But you don't need to be green-fingered to enjoy the quaint English parish: it's also a stone's throw from castles, gardens, shops, and theatres. See for yourself courtesy of this Escape to The Old Rectory Hotel.
- Allow us to sow the seed of an idea: you and your best bud will stay for two nights for £139 (up to a £293.80 value).
- Alternatively, arrive on a Sunday and harvest a slightly different package for the same price (up to a £256.90 value).
- If you'd rather expand your allotment, make it a family stay for two adults and up to two children for two nights for £179 (up to a £376.60 value); again, arriving on Sunday gets you a different package for the same price (up to a £295.80 value).
- Breakfast is included each morning with every option.
- Those arriving on a Sunday will receive a three-course Sunday lunch each, while those arriving Monday to Saturday will receive a two-course dinner.
- Choose to return and dine again on the second evening with any package, and you'll enjoy a bottle of wine to accompany the food.
- Families also enjoy a lunch on one day of their stay (non-Sunday arrivals).
- You'll also enjoy a trip along the River Severn on triple-deck passenger boat the Sabrina as part of your package.
Want more? Check out our Escapes collection.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
Enjoy By 30 September, 2013
The Old Rectory Hotel
Two-Night Stay for Two Adults (£139) or Two Adults and Two Children (£179) with Daily Breakfast, Two-Course Dinner, River Cruise, and Wine if Dining
- from £139