98% recommendedin LivingSocial customer ratings
• A Two-Night Rafting Trip Along the Gauley River for One Person, Fridays and Saturdays Arriving on September 20, September 27, October 4, October 11, or October 18
• Camping for Two Nights with Your Own Tent, Equipment, and Supplies
• One Full Day of Whitewater Rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River
• Hot Breakfast, Grilled Riverside Lunch, and Dinner with Live Music or Entertainment on Saturday
• Experienced Guides Throughout
• Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Outdoor adventurers know you have to search far and wide to find true wilderness these days. When no municipal park will do, set out for the mountains of "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia. About six hours west of Washington, DC—but only one hour south of Charleston—the Gauley River National Recreation Area covers more than 11,000 forested acres and 25 miles of whitewater rafting heaven. You won't find wilder, more consistant rapids anywhere in the eastern US.
To call ACE Adventure Resort "remote" would be an understatement. Let's put it this way: In addition to an address, the resort provides latitude and longitude coordinates to help you find it on the map (here's a tip: check the website for directions, as GPS systems usually get it wrong). ACE enlists experienced guides to lead its rafting trips—after all, what would you expect from North America's largest adventure resort?
Bring your own tent, equipment, and supplies for two nights of camping at the resort. Make sure to get good rest on the first night, because in the morning, you're off to a full day of whitewater rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River with the help of an veteran river guide.
You'll fuel up with a hot breakfast Saturday morning, then embark on a day-long trip that takes you over unpredictable rapids, varying in intensity depending on rainfall and scheduled dam releases. Just when you think you've spent every last drop of adrenaline, you'll take to the shore for a rest and a grilled riverside lunch. Don't dally too long, though—you've still got a hot dinner and live musical entertainment to enjoy on Saturday night.
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 20, 2013
ACE Adventure Resort
Wild Is Wonderful on the Gauley River
enjoy $126.90 savings
- from $127