The 2 hour private guided museum tour will introduce you to the history of flight in the United States that eventually landed a man on the moon. Take one giant leap into the unique collection at the National Air and Space Museum, covering the United States’ world famous space program.
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. Thank you for understanding. Feel free to refer the Smithsonian Air & Space website for an updated list of exhibits)
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for their website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit: https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/now-view
Thank you for understanding.)
The National Air and Space Museum doesn’t just cover extraterrestrial exploration. It covers everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. You’ll see the first plane to take flight as well as the Spirit of St. Louis, the first plane to cross the Atlantic. Discuss Amelia Earhart, the iconic female pilot who famously disappeared while trying to fly around the world. Check out Hubble space suits, and lunar modules while learning all about NASA and the United States’ space program. The two story back ups for the Hubble telescope and the early space station Skylab dominate your field of vision and since the originals stayed in space, this is the best way to get up close and personal! Find out what it's like to be an astronaut today with one of our expert guides – there’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to get the full experience. Discover the history of the world’s foremost space program and the technology and innovation that made it possible to land a man on the moon.
— Wright Flyer (original)
— Neil Armstrong Apollo 11 spacesuit (original)
— Lunar Module (backup)
— John Glenn’s Mercury capsule (original)
— Charles Lindbergh’s Spirit of St. Louis (original)
— Chuck Yeager’s Bell X-1 (original)
— Hubble Telescope (test vehicle)
— Skylab, America’s 1st space station (backup)
— Space Shuttle’s mid deck (model)
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: (PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for there website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit: https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/now-view Thank you for understanding.) Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- We as ask that all guests bring a face mask. Outdoors masks are not mandatory, however for entry to certain venues it may be required. All indoor venues and museums still require masks to be worn when visiting inside and are currently mandatory.
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.