Go underground on a 1-hour walking history tour through Seattle's original neighborhood. Our experienced guides lead small groups through, and beneath, Pioneer Square to the street level that existed in the 1890s. Explore underground pathways that were built more than 120 years ago, learning details on early Seattle history, why these spaces were built, and how they have been used (and misused) over the years. Marvel at how this once Indian encampment has since transformed into one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Beneath the Streets, 102 Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98104-2206
Beneath the Streets focuses on factual, historical information that details the birth of our city, 1890’s architecture, and several other stories including the Klondike Gold Rush, Skid Row, and the Coast Salish Peoples that first inhabited the area. Our tour guides participate in workshops on cultural traditions and history with special guest historians and Native Tribal members as continual professional development.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pioneer Square, Yesler Street & 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
We cover four city blocks of historic
Pioneer Square and explore three
underground passageways originally constructed in the 1890's. You'll see and hear the history of the neighborhood from both the original and current street levels.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Masks are required for all guests, even those fully vaccinated, while in the underground portions of our tour. This is due to lack of mechanical ventilation and low air circulation. If you cannot wear a mask due to medical conditions, we are sorry but we are unable to accommodate you on our tour.
- Professional guide
- Disposable masks available for purchase at $1.00 each for guests unable to provide their own mask
119 South Main St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Beneath The Streets in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.