Established fifty years before the Capital, Georgetown began as a gritty port city on the banks of the Potomac River, described by Abigail Adams as a "dirty little hole". Despite its modest start, Georgetown is now home to palatial mansions, elegant cemeteries, stately churches, and a world-class University. We'll explore the highlights and secrets of DC's most exclusive neighborhood, discussing architecture, history, scandal, and more. By the end of the tour, we'll see Georgetown's full transformation in this rags to riches tale.
About This Deal
Our tour begins outside the favorite coffee/dessert shop for Georgetown locals, Baked & Wired. Grab a snack and let's go exploring! We'll start at the C&O Canal, getting an overview of the storied history of Georgetown. Then we'll peek inside the oldest building in Washington DC, before leaving the main drag to explore the neighborhood. We'll stroll along cobble stone streets, discussing the homes of movers and shakers like Jackie Kennedy and Ben Bradley. We'll see imposing mansions, stately churches, and a formerly salacious establishment, before crossing Wisconsin Avenue to the west side of town. Making our way over to Georgetown University and down the Exorcist Steps, we'll wrap up on the banks of the Potomac River at the beautiful Georgetown Waterfront.
Sights we discuss include:
Chesapeake & Ohio Canal
Old Stone House
Newton D. Baker House
Lydia English Seminary School for Girls
Grafton Tyler Double House
Christ Episcopal Church
Georgetown Prepatory School
Georgetown University Healy Hall
Georgetown University Library
Georgetown Car Barn
Francis Scott Key Memorial
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Local guide
Baked & Wired, 1052 Thomas Jefferson St NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Georgetown Waterfront Park, 3303 Water St NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the DC Design Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.