Witness the dawning of a new day atop Haleakala (the house of the sun) a dormant volcanic mountain overlooking Maui. Deep canyons and slopes and unspoiled terrain are home to endemic Hawaiian Nene geese and rare Silversword plants.
You'll be transported in a comfortable mini coach to 9,740 feet elevation, close to the summit to witness the ultimate sunrise; a spectacular show of lights and colors. The sunrise tour is an unforgettable experience and a definite must-do on your Hawaii vacation. On the descent, marvel at sprawling scenic views of Kula and the Pacific Ocean on your way to breakfast at local favorite, Kula Lodge Restaurant.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haleakala Crater, Haleakala National Park, Maui, HI 96768
Home to the world’s largest dormant volcano; over 30,000 acres. The park is known for its endemic and rare flora and fauna, scenic drive and stunning views.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Park Headquarters Visitor Center, Haleakala Hwy, Kula, HI 96790, USA
Majestic views of the crater at 9,740 ft. Viewing of the sunrise takes place here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Makawao, Makawao, Maui, Hawaii
Drive past this quaint town with miles of greenery.
Pass By: Kula, Kula, Maui, Hawaii
Views of Kula - open country slopes, quaint & rustic.
Stop At: Kula Lodge Restaurant, 15200 Haleakala Hwy, Kula, HI 96790, USA
Enjoy a local-style, sit down breakfast on the slopes of Haleakala.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please contact the tour provider at minimum of 7 days prior to the tour date for ADA and all special requests.
- Haleakala is known for rapidly changing weather conditions and dense clouds and rain are common. As a result, clear viewing of the sunrise is not guaranteed, and the tour operates rain or shine. Refunds will be granted only when the tour is cancelled for safety reasons.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The high altitude at the summit area may complicate health conditions and breathing difficulties. Elderly visitors, pregnant women, young children, and those with respiratory or heart conditions should consult their doctor prior to touring. Walk slowly and drink water to avoid dehydration. If you have gone scuba diving, you should wait at least 24 hours before going on this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we have elevated our existing cleaning regimen and developed the POLYAD CLEAN RIDE Program which has enhanced procedures and protocols for cleaning and disinfecting our fleet to the standards recommended by the CDC using EPA-approved products.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Haleakala National Park admission fee
- Tour narration by a professional driver/guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at specific Maui hotels
- Entry/Admission - Haleakala Crater
- Port pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour times provided reflect the start and end of the tour, but not your exact pickup and drop off time. Whether or not you've provided your hotel/lodging at the time of booking, you are required to contact the tour provider no less than (2) days prior to your tour date to receive your exact pickup time and location. The tour provider will advise you of the specific area at the hotel/lodging you should wait; for example "at the front entrance." Please be there at least 5 minutes before your pickup time. If your hotel/lodging is not included on our pickup schedule, you'll be advised to meet at nearby location. Please note that we are prohibited by certain properties to pickup non-hotel guests and we do not pick-up at private properties such as AirBnB's and residential areas.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Polynesian Adventure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
deal is final saleMerchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings