From Tillamook Bay to Your Dinner Plate
Harborview Inn & RV Park • Garibaldi, OR
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Single Queen Room ($72)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a Single Queen Room ($122)
- Combine Up to Two Vouchers for a Total Two- or Four-Night Stay
- Bottle of Wine, Two Keepsake Glasses, Welcome Appetizers, and a Crab Kit
How do you spend a vacation on the Oregon Coast? In Garibaldi, a town of about 900 people on the northern tip of Tillamook Bay renowned for its pristine waters and undeveloped coastline, you'd be remiss if you didn't spend it catching crab, eating crab, and well, being anything but crabby.
With this week's Escape to the Harborview Inn & RV Park, less than two hours from Portland, you'll do exactly that. This locally owned-and-operated 16-room inn, rich in hospitality and loaded with charm, is offering a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a single queen room ($72) or a two-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays in a single queen room ($122).
Rooms are equipped with a queen-size bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat-screen TV with cable, and Wi-Fi. Upgrade to a room with two queen-size beds for $10.90, or take your pet along for a $25 fee.
You'll be greeted with a bottle of wine, two keepsake glasses, and welcome appetizers (think chowder, shrimp cocktail, and smoked turkey nuggets). The best part? The folks at Harborview will set you up with crabbing equipment to pull in your own catch—how's that for fresh eats?
Ask the crew for advice on the best place to drop your trap. Or just make friends with a local at one of two crabbing piers within walking distance of the Harborview. They don't call it The People's Coast for nothing, and you'll soon find yourself taking tips from the pros, pulling in a fresh catch, and hauling it back to the inn for dinner.
In addition to stellar crabbing and clamming, you can hire a sport-fishing boat for a tour of the local waters. Try Garibaldi Charters, which offers everything from halibut and salmon fishing excursions to whale watching and eco tours.
It's all in a day's work in this active fishing village on the coast. But let's be honest: The only work you'll be required to do involves a pair of crackers and a bit of claw-meat extraction. Now that's a job we can get behind.
For additional information, visit Harborview Inn & RV Park on Facebook.
"We were shown how to catch our own crab about 20 feet from where we were staying at the Inn! They provided a pot and crab cooker for us to sit around and cook our own dinner."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Up to two vouchers may be combined to extend stay over consecutive days
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Wine and appetizer package only available with first voucher
- Based upon double occupancy
- No one under 21 permitted
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include Memorial Day weekend and July 1 - August 31, 2012
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings