From Bonnie Glens to Buzzing Glasgow
Carnbooth House Hotel • Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Overnight Midweek Stay for Two People in an Executive Double Room (£105) or Junior Suite (£125)
- Bottle of Bubbly on Arrival
- Breakfast Included
In Canberra there's a gracious mansion called The Lodge, the official residence for the Australian Prime Minister. Just south of Glasgow there's a similarly grand old building, Carnbooth House Hotel, standing waiting for your Escape. How grand? Well, opulent enough for a head of state: both places have undergone a major refurbishment by acclaimed interior designer, Mary Durack.
Take in the huge fireplaces, towering ceilings, and polished oak panelling of this beautifully restored manor, with a midweek overnight stay for two in an executive double room for just £105 (up to a £213 value). Alternatively, you can opt for a midweek stay in a junior suite room for £125 (up to a £253 value). Both packages include a bottle of fizz on arrival, and breakfast in the morning.
With the hotel set at the end of a long driveway, surrounded by eight acres of beautiful woods and lawns, it's like an outback all to yourself. Still, assuming you're able to tear yourself away from the irresistibly comfortable bed, or luxuriously deep double-ended bath, there's plenty to see if you go walkabout. Carmunnock—the only remaining identiﬁable village within the City of Glasgow boundaries—still sits on a medieval street plan, surrounded by picturesque rolling countryside, and is near-neighbours with the National Museum of Rural Life.
Head into the city, and you can see a new piece of architecture that says 'Glasgow' as much as the Opera House says 'Sydney'—Zaha Hadid's design for the Riverside Museum is stunningly individual, the perfect setting for Scotland's Museum of Transport & Travel. Glasgow is as cosmopolitan as they come, offering culture, food, and shopping to suit the most discerning visitor, but if you can manage to resist returning like a boomerang to your sumptuous hotel, it's well worth travelling west to Balloch Castle Country Park. Nestled at the foot of stunning Loch Lomond, there are nature trails, guided walks, picnic lawns, and a walled garden to lose yourself in.
With late checkout all part of the deal, you've no need to rush back for an early night: take this Escape and you're promising yourself a g'day indeed.
"This magnificent old building, which only opened as a hotel and restaurant in November 2009, is just five miles from Glasgow near the village of Carmunnock."-- The Daily Record
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 September 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Valid for midweek stay only
- Not valid July 25, 26, 28 and August 1, 3
- Option A: deal based on double occupancy in a junior suite
- Option B: deal based on double occupancy in executive room
- Voucher includes for bottle of bubbly on arrival and breakfast
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings