Wander to Long Island's North Shore
Three Village Inn • Stony Brook, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Signature Suite ($125) or Master Suite ($160)
- Hot Country Breakfast
- Fresh Fruit, Country Cornbread and Jam, and Spiked Hot Cider
- Two Welcome Drinks at Mirabelle Tavern
Sometimes, getting lost can be the best thing that's ever happened to you. Such was the case of Jennie Melville, who in the late 1920s was traveling to the Hamptons, yet somehow wound up in bucolic Stony Brook Village. The charming North Shore village captured her heart, and she ended up forgetting the more famous Long Island beaches and settling down here. Get swept away, too, with an Escape to the Three Village Inn, founded in 1939 by Melville's son and only an hour-and-a-half train ride from Manhattan.
Stay for one night with a plus one in a Signature Suite ($125) or Master Suite ($160), featuring one king or two queen beds laden with overstuffed pillows, traditionally luxe furnishings (think four-poster beds, Chippendale chairs, and Oriental rugs), and in some cases, a fireplace or view of the tranquil Stony Brook Harbor off Smithtown Bay.
Unwind over a snack of fresh fruit, freshly baked cornbread and jam, and boozy apple cider before indulging in a round of drinks in the warmly lit Mirabelle Tavern, which has an impressive selection of craft beers and a list of more than 100 wines by the bottle. At Restaurant Mirabelle, try the famous duck, the lemon lobster salad, or the caramelized scallops served with fried zucchini flower.
"This is a serene restaurant where you can actually have a conversation," says The New York Times.
Rise and shine with a hot country breakfast and then set out to explore the hamlet of Stony Brook. Chart your course to The Long Island Museum of American Art, History, & Carriages, nine lovely acres of manicured gardens, bubbling fountains, red barns, and a carriage house showcasing over 100 horse-drawn carriages. Then, stroll the shops and cafes in the village center. The collection includes the Lake Side Emotions Wine Boutique, which specializes in champagnes and pinot noirs, The Crushed Olive, where you can taste myriad artisanal olive oils, and Rumpelstiltskin Yarns, where you can commission a custom-made scarf or sweater.
Wander around the sleepy Colonial-style village, stroll down to the harbor, and get lost in your thoughts in Stony Brook.
"The two excellent on-site restaurants, Mirabelle and the more affordable Mirabelle Tavern serve delicious French bistro-inspired comfort food."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Valid for Sunday - Thursday stays only
- Blackout dates are 10/7, 10/11, 10/18, 10/21-25, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 11/21-22, 12/6 and 12/23-25
- Each room is for 2 adults and up to 2 children (at no additional cost)
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at the property
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • Enjoy By December 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings