Mellowing Out on the Mendocino Coast
The Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn • Mendocino, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($109) or Fridays and Saturdays ($145) Beginning in December, in Room 65, 66, 67, 68, or 69
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($150) or Fridays and Saturdays ($188) Beginning in December, in Room 60, 61, 62, 72, 73, or the Water Tower Suite
It's part New England, part California, and entirely unique. It's the town of Mendocino, about three hours north of San Francisco, and its redwood forest-meets-beach locale coupled with its well-preserved history have made this blip on the map a mecca for free spirits, artists, and adherents of the good life.
Set back from Main Street (an old refurbished water tower to one side), The Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn follows the tenets of life in Mendocino: peace, art, and good vibes. Built in 1881 in the Queen Anne Victorian style, this white three-story house presides over colorful overgrown gardens, with the Pacific Ocean crashing just below the bluffs across the street. The lobby features the work of a different local artist each month, and all of the inn's 12 guest rooms are unique, some featuring wood stoves, others appointed with jetted tubs, and others with four-poster beds. The Water Tower Suite is a freestanding two-level abode with a spiral staircase and ocean views.
Breakfast in the morning is also Mendocino by the book: fresh, local, and organic. Naturally raised meat and seasonal vegetables are served with fresh-squeezed juices, specialty teas, and gourmet coffee, and the innkeepers gladly cater to dietary restrictions.
During the day, read a book in the gardens or go for a stroll on the bluffs overlooking the ocean in Mendocino Headlands State Park. Then mosey down Main Street, where a handful of boutiques, cafes, and old buildings beckon with quaint charm (most of the town is listed, for good reason, on the National Register of Historic Places). One of the oldest continuously operating Presbyterian churches in the state, built in the Carpenter Gothic style in 1868, sits adjacent to The Didjeridoo.
For dinner reserve a table at Cafe Beaujolais, just a block north of the inn. Set inside a tiny butter-yellow house surrounded by a white picket fence, the dining room is appointed with hardwood floors and white tablecloths, and serves a solid mix of Californian and French cuisine, from Burgundy escargot gratin to free-range Petaluma chicken breast.
"The Didjeridoo, in the heart of Mendocino Village, was just what I needed. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were great, and the location was fantastic."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- 11% taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy; valid for 2 adults only; up to 2 children welcome please call 707-937-6200 for details
- Pets welcome
- Blackout dates include: 12/21-12/24, 12/28-12/31, 2/15-2/17
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • Enjoy By March 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings