Iconic Italy in Rome, Florence, and Venice
go-today • Rome, Italy
- An 11-Day Trip to Italy ($2,099 to $2,799 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York, Washington, or Los Angeles to Italy
- Rail Transportation Between Rome, Florence, and Venice
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights in Rome, Three Nights in Florence, and Three Nights in Venice
- Daily Breakfast
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Florence
- Walking Tour of Venice
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
All roads lead to Rome—and it's clear why. This former seat of the Roman Empire remains one of the cultural capitals of the world. Hop on a moped to travel the city's seven hills from monument to museum to landmark. Spanning millennia of history, the Eternal City is home to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum and the Forum; the baroque opulence of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican; and a culinary tradition that includes some of the best pizzerias and gelaterias on the continent.
As the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance, Florence holds a special place in the world of art. The Duomo dominates the skyline and breathtaking art is found at every turn: see Botticelli's The Birth of Venus at the Uffizi Gallery, Michelangelo's David at the Accademia, and learn the history of fashion at the Gucci Museum. But don't neglect your other senses—Florence is also home to world-renowned Tuscan cuisine.
Famed for its serene canals and preserved Renaissance architecture, Venice is a city best viewed from a gondola. More than 100 islands connect by a network of canals to make up the main city, so visitors never run out of nooks and crannies to investigate. Catch a show in the gilded La Fenice opera house, see stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica overlooking the Piazza San Marco, and spend an afternoon strolling the car-free walkways and bridges of the city center.
Three cities with singular personalities form the trifecta of iconic Italy. Experience them all with this Escape courtesy of go-today.
day 1: You'll board your overnight flight from the US to Rome.
days 2 to 4: Once you land in Rome, transfer from the airport to your hotel. An open schedule allows you to spend the days as you please. Explore on your own, or use your two-day pass to see the sights on hop-on, hop-off tours of Rome. The route shows you St. Peter's Basilica—approached through the grand elliptical Piazza—the famed Swiss Guardsmen of the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps.
Three nights at Hotel Eur Suite Rome, H10 Roma Città, or similar four-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 5 to 7: A train will bring you from Rome to Florence, where you'll spend three nights. A two-day pass gives you access to hop-on, hop-off tours of Florence. Two routes take visitors by the Duomo, the Basilica di Santa Croce, and the Uffizi Gallery, among other sights. Along the way, you'll also see the important works of Italian Renaissance masters Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael.
Three nights at Hotel de La Pace, Hotel Delle Nazioni Florence, Hotel La Fortezza Firenze, Hotel Meridiana Florence, or similar three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 8 to 10: After catching a train from Florence, arrive in Venice for three nights. Choose one morning to take a 1.5-hour walking tour of Venice. The outdoor route begins at Piazza San Marco and includes stops at St. Mark's Basilica, the Doge's Palace, and Santa Maria Formosa, with history and anecdotes narrated along the way. You'll also make your way to the Marco Polo House and the Malibran Theater.
Three nights at the Santa Chiara Hotel, Hotel Alle Guglie, or similar three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
day 11: You'll depart from the Venice airport on your return flight to the US.
New York City departures: April 22 ($2,099); May 6 ($2,099); June 3 ($2,699); July 29 ($2,499); August 26 ($2,199); September 9 ($2,299)
Washington, DC, departures: April 22 ($2,199); May 6 ($2,199); June 3 ($2,599); July 29 ($2,399); August 26 ($2,199); September 9 ($2,299)
Los Angeles departures: April 22 ($2,399); May 6 ($2,399); June 3 ($2,799); July 29 ($2,599); August 26 ($2,399); September 9 ($2,499)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"A good-looking city! Naked like Michelangelo’s David or rugged up in the latest winter fashion by their own world-class designers, Florentines and their city never fail to impress. At times it seems nothing much has changed since the days of the Medici."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Redeem early for best availability; exact airport will be confirmed at booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by April 8 for April 22 departures and by April 17 for all other departure dates
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $700
- Voucher includes three nights in Rome, three nights in Florence, three nights in Venice, daily breakfast, two-day pass for hop-on, hop-off tour of Rome, a two-day pass for hop-on, hop-off tour of Florence, a walking tour of Venice, airline taxes, and fuel surcharges
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, hotel fees, Italy city tax (collected at the hotel), meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 1, 2013 • Enjoy By October 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings