Happy New Year from Dublin!
go-today • Dublin, Ireland
- A Six-Day Trip to Dublin for New Year's Eve ($1,299 to $1,699 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Boston, or Washington to Dublin
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotel
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at the Ballsbridge Hotel
- Four Breakfasts
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour of Dublin
- Self-Guided Tour of the Guinness Storehouse
- Airline Taxes, Airline Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
No matter where in Dublin you find yourself, an endless supply of restaurants and (occasionally raucous) pubs will welcome you with laughter and plenty of beer. The city of Joyce, Yeats, and Beckett can be at turns profound and giddy as it pulses with the distinctive personality of the Irish.
The city centre hugs the River Liffey, Dublin's main artery, and is crisscrossed by narrow streets lined with centuries-old houses and sleek, modern edifices. The National Museum and Dublin City Gallery contain a wealth of art and artifacts, but becoming properly acquainted with the place calls for wandering by the homes of Ireland's literary greats. Shopping enthusiasts won't want to miss the markets and stalls in the Temple Bar neighborhood, where art and antique shops compete with vintage clothiers and jewelers for the attention of passers-by.
Downing a few beers after work is a perfectly acceptable way to spend New Year's Eve, but nothing compares to the spirited celebrations over pints of Guinness that carry on all across Dublin. No need for that four-leaf clover, because you're already in luck with this six-day trip, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board an overnight flight from New York, Boston, or Washington, DC, to Dublin.
day 2: Once landing in Dublin, you'll be transported to your four-star hotel in the affluent Ballsbridge neighborhood, just a quick stroll from the city centre.
Overnight at the Ballsbridge Hotel.
days 3, 4, and 5: Your time in Dublin is free of scheduled activities, giving you plenty of time to explore the city's endless nooks and crannies of personality. Most importantly, you'll get to join in on the New Year's Eve revelry spilling from pubs on every corner. Along with your stay, you'll receive a two-day pass for a hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour of Dublin as well as admission for a self-guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse. No reservations are needed for either, so you can enjoy the tours on your schedule.
Daily hop-on, hop-off tours depart every 15 minutes from the Dublin Tourism Office. These 90-minute tours follow two routes with 25 stops in total, including Trinity College, the Dublin Zoo, Guinness, and other major attractions. An expert guide or pre-recorded commentary will narrate throughout the trip. The pass also includes a walking tour that embarks daily at 11 a.m. from City Hall. A local guide will show you around Temple Bar, Christ Church Cathedral, and Dublin Castle, providing history interspersed with lively storytelling along the way.
The Guinness Storehouse opens for self-guided tours from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day. As the pride of the Guinness brand, the building houses seven floors of exhibitions topped off by the Gravity Bar, which offers pints of beer and 360-degree views of the Dublin cityscape from its rooftop perch.
Three nights at the Ballsbridge Hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
day 6: On your final morning in Dublin, check out of your hotel and return to the airport for a flight back to the US.
New York City departures: December 27 ($1,299); December 28 ($1,399)
Boston departures: December 27 ($1,399); December 28 ($1,499)
Washington, DC, departures: December 27 ($1,699); December 28 ($1,699)
"Dublin’s most enduring quality can be found in Dubliners themselves, both native-born and blown-in. Garrulous, amiable and witty, Dubliners at their ease are the greatest hosts of all, a charismatic bunch whose soul and sociability are infectious."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by October 23, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $300
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotel, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at the Ballsbridge Hotel, Four Breakfasts, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour of Dublin, Self-Guided Tour of the Guinness Storehouse, Airline Taxes, Airline Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 28, 2014 • Enjoy By December 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings