You missed it This great deal for Hôtel de Glace is over. But don't despair, we've got more great deals every day.
Related Deals That You May Like
Laser Hair Removal
Montréal - West IslandC$4,000C$299
Group Horseback Ride for 1, 2, or 4
Montréal - West IslandC$25C$15
House of Jazz
$60 Toward Entry, Food, and Drinks
Montréal - West IslandC$60C$30
Tartine & Chocolat
3-Course Lunch or Dinner for 2 at French Cafe
Montréal - West IslandC$60C$29.99
Hôtel de Glace
North America's First Ice Hotel
90% recommendedin LivingSocial customer ratings
• A One-Night Stay for Two in a Double Bed Room with Nordic Sleeping Bags
• Breakfast for Two
• Access to the Nordic Spa
• Two Welcome Cocktails
All Gratuities Pop-up hotels may be quite trendy in the travel industry right now, but Hôtel de Glace (pronounced oh-tel de glass), which opened in 2001, has a head start and a unique concept: It's North America's first ice hotel.
The structure is a little different each year, but is made from 15,000 tons of snow and 500 tons of ice in a process that lasts a month, leading to the January opening (this year's season is from January 5 to March 24, 2013). Situated just ten minutes from downtown Quebec City, no detail is spared when it comes to icy architecture and décor—archways and columns are carved into the four-feet-thick walls, and intricate frozen sculptures and friezes (no pun intended) are illuminated by colored lights.
Oh, and there's a frozen slide! Upon arrival, take a seat on one of the frozen chairs at the ice bar, where hot chocolate, vodka, Quebec cider drinks, and other warm elixirs are on the menu.
"How many chances do you get to sleep in a hotel built completely of ice?" asks Frommer's. "On a bed of ice, near a chandelier made of ice, after dancing in a disco made of ice, ice, ice?"
While it may seem counterintuitive to pack a bathing suit when you're advised to dress in three specific layers of clothing to protect you against the elements, you'll want to save some space among the scarves and wool socks so you can take advantage of the Nordic Relaxation Area, which features hot tubs and saunas under the stars.
Never slept in an igloo before? No big deal. The staff here is anything but icy, and in addition to a pre-trip prep guide, the concierge gives plenty of heat-efficient tips upon arrival. Snuggled up inside an Arctic sleeping bag atop a mattress, it'll seem crazy that the bed frame is actually made of ice.
In the morning, a hot breakfast (and of course, a warm drink) await in the Celsius Pavillion. And a host of outdoor activities—like cross-country skiing, dog sledding, and snowmobiling—abound. If you need to heat up, head indoors: Quebec City's cobbled streets boast delicious restaurants and museums, historic churches, spas, and theaters worth checking out. Not just for the offbeat adventure traveler, a night at the Hôtel de Glace is totally bucket-list worthy.
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 28, 2021
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 17, 2013
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel January 5, 2013 to March 17, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are February 1- 2, 8- 9 and 15-16
- Based upon double occupancy
- Guests will leave personal effects in the designated lockers at the Celsius Pavilion
- Your room at the Hôtel de Glace will be available at 9 p.m. and will be yours until 8 a.m. the next day
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at booking
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Photo credit to © Xdachez.com or © Luc Rousseau
- Other conditions apply
shop unique gifts and deliver them with style
easy, flexible delivery
print it out, email it now, or schedule it for a later date--it's up to you
Emailing your gift? Write a message, select a theme, and hit send. The price you paid will not be displayed in the email.
special printed voucher
Delivering the gift in person? Choose a theme, print it out, and pass it along to that special someone. It’s that simple.
Deal Fine Print
Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
• Valid for travel January 5, 2013 to March 17, 2013
• Reservations required and subject to availability
• Not valid on group or existing reservations
• Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
• Blackout dates are February 1- 2, 8- 9 and 15-16
• Based upon double occupancy
• Guests will leave personal effects in the designated lockers at the Celsius Pavilion
• Your room at the Hôtel de Glace will be available at 9 p.m. and will be yours until 8 a.m. the next day
• Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at booking
• All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
• Photo credit to © Xdachez.com or © Luc Rousseau
• PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 28, 2021
• PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 17, 2013
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars