The Escape Kit
• A Four- ($500) or Six-Night ($750) Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Beach Loft
• Or, a Four- ($950) or Six-Night ($1,425) Stay for Four in a Two-Bedroom Beach House
• Village Immersion Bicycle Tour for Each Guest
• Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Combine the language and culture of Jamaica with the natural beauty of the Galapagos; add a dash of pre-Columbian history and a touch of all-to-yourself Nicaraguan solitude; combine it all with the impossibly fresh, local seafood of Peru, and you've got the wholly unique Caribbean country of Belize. Deep blue lagoons, lush green rain forests, and buttery-sand beaches—it's a tropical paradise that's become an increasingly popular second-residence for celebrities and a haven for dive enthusiasts. Thatched roofs and clapboard houses add a minimal and unobtrusive charm to the largely undisturbed shorelines, and the Mayan ruins that pepper the jungle speak to a long, rich, and mysterious history.
Bounded by ecologically rich rainforest to the west and the bathtub-like waters of the Caribbean to the east, this luxury Hopkins Bay Belize—with infinity pools—comprises several beach houses divided into one-, two-, and three-bedroom abodes. Equipped with a four-poster king-size bed and handcrafted mahogany and cedar furnishings, beach houses feature vaulted ceilings and exposed beams. Bathrooms are appointed with hand-painted Mexican double-bowl sinks and walk-in showers, and each beach house has a covered porch. For refreshment, eat at the on-site Beachside Bistro restaurant or sip a cocktail at Garifuna-inspired pool bar, The Drum Beach Bar.
• Follow Belize's jagged, laguna-lined coast down to Dangriga
• Snorkeling through the South Water Caye and its nearly 200 miles of coral reef
• Go for a reef-fishing tour and try to hook king mackerel, barracuda, grouper, and more
• Dine on traditional Creole fare in Placencia, a sleepy village not far from Mayan ruins
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 4, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013
Hopkins Bay Belize
Luxe Belizean Living on Caribbean Shores
- from $500