• A Two-Day Wine Touring and Rafting Trip Along the American River for One Person, Mondays and Tuesdays or Thursdays and Fridays ($174)
• Or, a Two-Day Wine Touring and Rafting Trip Along the American River for One Person, Saturdays and Sundays ($189)
• One Night of Camping with Your Own Tent, Equipment, and Supplies
• Hors D'oeuvres, Wine, and Barbecue Tri-Tip Steak Dinner at the Camp
• One Full Day of Chauffeured Visits to Three to Five Wineries with Tastings, Lunch, and Snacks
• One Full Day of White-Water Rafting on the South Fork of the American River with Breakfast and Lunch
You'll pitch your tent in Lotus, California, at the Mariah Wilderness Expeditions property, where riverfront scenery is enough to make your whole trip feel worth it—and that's before you get to the fun pastimes like volleyball, ping-pong, and horseshoes. Ensuring your stay is as comfortable as it is picturesque are homey amenities like the Coffee Corner for your morning java and the Wine & Beverage Garden for a post-winery sip.
Your adventure will begin with a one-day chauffeured tour of three to five El Dorado County wineries, where you'll munch on snacks and enjoy an included lunch as you sample exquisite vino. Back at camp, you'll enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a crisp glass of wine before digging into a finger-licking barbecue dinner. Be sure to get a good night's sleep, because you have an exhilarating day of rafting ahead of you the next morning. You'll paddle a 10-mile route over either the Chili Bar or Gorge rapids, both located on the South Fork of the American River. You're in for a wild ride you won't soon forget.
Nestled in El Dorado County northeast of Sacramento, and a mere mile from Coloma, Lotus lies in a sweeping space that drew droves of miners during the gold rush of the mid-1800s. This haven for outdoor adventure acts as a gateway to the region's wineries, horseback riding trails, and of course, white-water rafting.
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 23, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 21, 2013
Mariah Wilderness Expeditions
Wine and White Water, the Perfect Pairing
- from $174