The French Broad river spans 218 miles from Rosman, North Carolina through Asheville, and toward the state of Tennessee. Section 9 of the French Broad river starts approximately 45 minutes away from Asheville near Marshall, North Carolina and runs through the Pisgah National Forest. The majority of French Broad Section 9 flows through protected lands, and is beginner-friendly. Your guide will navigate you through approximately 4 miles of Section 9, where you will raft through class II and class III difficulty levels, and you may briefly encounter class IV drops depending on the time of year, and the amount of rainfall. This tour combines an incredible stretch of exciting and continuous rapids with some of the most breathtaking scenery around.
About This Deal
Scenic, remote and awash with breathtaking beauty, the French Broad Gorge, also known as Section 9 (FB9), rafting adventure takes you through 4 miles of intermediate-level, class II and class III rapids starting at Barnard River Park where the water enters Pisgah National Forest. Enjoy a laid back vibe with opportunities to stop for a jump off the raft or rocks for a refreshing dip in the river. Rafters will be on the water for 2 hours which will be filled with some of the best whitewater in all of Western North Carolina. At the end of this beautifully scenic and thrilling trip we will all enjoy a well earned cold beer provided by Asheville Adventure Company before we head back to our outpost in Asheville.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Helmet, Life Jacket, and Paddle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer at the end of the trip
2000 Riverside Dr, Woodfin, NC 28804, USA
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Asheville Adventure Company in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.