The Little Ethiopia Food Tour will take you through historic U Street to 9th street as we visit the heart of the world’s largest Ethiopian community outside of Ethiopia. Your gastronomic experience will chronicle the intricate flavors, textures, and colors in Ethiopian cuisine, while recounting the history of the Ethiopian people.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: DC Metro Food Tours, 701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20004-2608
The Little Ethiopia Food Tour was specially designed for the adventurous eater. Some of the restaurants we visit are ‘hole in the wall’ spots, that focus on the quality and authenticity of the food, rather than the particular ambience of the restaurant. All of the restaurants were built and maintained through hard work and perseverance that resonates the pride of a people that have faced adversity yet managed to succeed.
We will traverse through the center of Ethiopian life in Washington DC, located in the heart of the historic U Street and Shaw Neighborhoods. The 19th century neighborhood houses some of the area's very best and most authentic Ethiopian restaurants.
Your Food Tour may include the following specialties:
• Traditional breakfast
• The Ethiopian National dish
• Deep fried lentil appetizers
• Fresh cottage cheese
• Homeade breads
• Coffee ceremony
• Traditional meat and vegetable dishes
• Hand Made hot sauces and spice blends
• Italian influenced Desserts
Duration: 3 hours
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please list any food allergies/restrictions. **Accommodations can only be made if allergies or restrictions are noted at the time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Food tasting
- Tour escort/host
- Guide Gratuities
- Drinks, unless specified
U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo, 1240 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Food Tour Corporation in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings