Average of 18 ratings
Discover why Sacramento is called the Farm to Fork Capital and taste delicious bites on this walking food tour through Midtown. Our guides will treat you to insider knowledge about the dishes you will sample and the inspiration behind them. You may taste a lamb and mushroom slider, or a season hummus plate drizzled with olive oil crafted by Northern California Native Americans or melt in your mouth hand-made couverture chocolate. See murals by internationally recognized artists, as well as other local art. SacTown Bites offers an elevated food tour experience that is a great way to spend an afternoon. Please join us.
On this walking tour you will explore beautiful Midtown, while learning about the Farm to Fork movement, Slow Food and the cuisine of some of our top local chefs. You will taste plates from award winning establishments that are committed to sourcing locally grown produce. Along the way you will discover Midtown’s rich arts scene and hear a little local history.
* Tour runs about 3 hours
* Distance from the first stop to the last stop is about 1.4 miles. Depending on where you park your total trip could be more.
* You will be walking between establishments on city sidewalks. At most stops we will sit and enjoy the food. Some stops, depending on circumstances, will require standing.
* Most stops have restrooms.
* Water will be provided at almost every stop and if you purchased a VIP ticket for drinks, you will also receive 3 - 4 alcoholic drink pairing.
* This tour is vegetarian and vegan friendly. Please do let us know what your preference is (meat/seafood or vegetarian/vegan) and if you have any severe food allergies before the tour. Email or call us prior to the tour.
• Beef and Pork Meatball - Lucky Dog Ranch and Bledsoe Pork beef and pork meatball served on creamy polenta with house made basil marinara and sprinkled with parmesan.
• Gambas al Ajillo - Head on giant prawns prepared with garlic, olive oil and house made smoked paprika, served with Village Bakery baguette baked that morning.
• Parisian Macaron Salty Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich - Salty caramel ice cream sandwiched within a salty caramel macaron, prepared with Strauss's Creamery cream and Jacobson Sea Salt.
• "Pignay" - Andouille sausage wrapped in beignet dough, deep fried, then sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with fig and bacon syrup.