Big Fun in Small Town Oregon
Silverton Inn & Suites • Silverton, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Suite with Daily Breakfast
- Hour-Long Couples' Massage (30 Minutes per Person or One Hour for One Person)
- Bottle of Wine
- $30 Dining Credit
For a town with fewer than 10,000 people, Silverton packs a big-city punch—all while maintaining its backcountry charm. Twenty minutes east of Salem, in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, this old timber town boasts quick access to Oregon's largest State Park, its only Frank Lloyd Wright house, and one of the Willamette Valley's most popular attractions—a sprawling 80-acre botanical garden.
Add to that this week's Escape to the Silverton Inn & Suites, in historic downtown, and you've got the makings for an unforgettable 48-hour getaway. For $249, you'll get a two-night stay for two in a one-bedroom suite, daily breakfast, an hour-long couples' massage, a bottle of wine, and a $30 dining credit.
Completely renovated in 2007, the hotel now features a two-story lobby replete with a grand fireplace, and each room is outfitted with a new bathroom and kitchenette, an elegant sleigh bed with pillow-top mattress, and rich wood furnishings.
After breakfast at the on-site restaurant, head to The Oregon Garden, a dog-friendly botanical park less than a mile from the inn. It boasts one of the largest collections of dwarf and miniature conifers in the country, plus about 25 other specialty gardens, as well as an in-ground house, a tree fort, waterfalls, and sculptures—even a 400-year-old oak tree. Here, you'll also find the famous Frank Lloyd Wright house, built in 1963 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
If that doesn't satisfy your bent for the backcountry, trek out to Silver Falls State Park, about 15 minutes south of town. With more than 25 miles of hiking trails, it's Oregon's largest State Park, and it's awash in waterfalls, lush mosses and ferns, and, come late spring, vibrant wildflowers.
Due for a little R&R, you'll want to cash in on your hour-long in-room couples' massage, and prep for dinner with your $30 voucher at one of four local eateries: Silver Grille Cafe & Wines (upscale, with local meats, produce, and wine), Creekside Grill (casual, serving pastas, steaks, barbecue, and seafood), El Toro (classic Mexican fare), or Howard Hinsdale Cellars & Bistro (creative, upscale small plates, entrées, and wine).
If the mention of wine bars and Frank Lloyd Wright doesn't quash your notions of small-town Oregon, how about this: The nation's first openly transgender mayor, Stu Rasmussen, was elected here in 2008. Between that, the world-class parks, the food, and the architecture, Silverton gives Portland a run for its cosmopolitanism.
"Silverton was founded in 1854 as a mill and farming community, but over the last decade it has blossomed into a popular weekend getaway."-- VIA Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children allowed
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 4, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 4, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 4, 2012 • Enjoy By July 4, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings