Gold Mine in the East Bay Hills
The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa • Berkeley, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Distinctive Room
- $50 Food and Beverage Credit
- Access to Pre-Spa Ritual, Fitness Center, Tennis Courts, and All Fitness Classes
- Parking and Wi-Fi
Searching for a golden getaway can be draining—mentally and financially.
Fortunately, you'll strike it rich with this week's Escape to The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa in Berkeley, California. Perched on a hill overlooking the San Francisco Bay, this AAA Four Diamond property was built by a wealthy prospector during the gold rush and became a hotel in the early 20th century.
You and a fellow '49er will spend one night in a Distinctive Room and enjoy parking and Wi-Fi ($169). The package includes access to the pre-spa ritual, fitness center, tennis courts, and all fitness classes. After staking your claim to a plush guest room, survey the skyline and Bay from your picture window.
When the sun is shining, dip a toe into any of the hotel's three heated outdoor pools or soak in a whirlpool tub at the gold-medal spa, named "Top US Urban Spa" by Vogue. If the thought of aquatics leaves you yearning for dry land, lace up your tennis shoes and explore the courts where game matching services, practice walls, and private lessons will keep you on your toes.
Spring is the best time of year to visit the University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley. With 13,000 different kinds of plants, this 34-acre research garden and museum is a treasure trove of flora. If you prefer to cash in on a historical expedition, head to the Bay for a two-hour narrated cruise aboard F.D.R.'s presidential yacht, The Potomac.
Return to the hotel to savor a delectable dinner at one of three on-site restaurants with an included $50 food-and-beverage credit. Oenophiles will hit pay dirt at Meritage, which boasts an extensive list of more than 190 wines. Earning Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for nine years running, the restaurant suggests a wine pairing for each dish on the dinner menu.
No need to mine the depths of your piggy bank for a precious getaway—this week's Escape is worth its weight in gold.
"Everything about The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, perched in the East Bay hills with a killer view of the bay all the way to San Francisco, says class. And Meritage at The Claremont, a wine-focused restaurant and lounge, is no different."-- San Francisco Chronicle
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book reservations by June 30, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: 4/17-4/20, 5/11-5/20, 6/6, 6/8-6/10, 6/25-6/26
- Taxes not included: 14% occupancy and 8.75% sales tax payable upon arrival
- Pets are welcome; fee of $99 per pet applies
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • Enjoy By July 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings