A Love for the Outdoors in Litchfield County
Cornwall Inn • Cornwall Bridge, CT
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, from Now to December 31, 2012 ($129)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two, Fridays or Saturdays, from November 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 ($150)
- Hiker's Basket with Bottle of Wine, Homemade Granola, and Local Trail Maps
- Continental Breakfast
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
Go ahead and bust out of the office early—it's summer. You may not have two months to spare like you did as a kid, but it's time for your own version of sleepaway camp: an Escape to a charming B&B in the pastoral Litchfield County, Connecticut. Antique shops and farm stands dot the quaint tree-lined streets, and in the woods that go on for miles, you are as likely to run into a student of a nearby boarding school as you are into no one.
Stay for one night ($129 Sundays through Thursdays; $150 Fridays and Saturdays) at the Cornwall Inn, situated in the town of the same name—a favorite getaway for Manhattan actors and artists. But instead of bunk beds you'll be treated to plush mattresses on queen or king-size wrought-iron frames, antique accents, and gleaming hardwood floors. Forget 6 a.m. reveille. Here you'll wake up to an as-lazy-as-you-want morning with a late 2 p.m. checkout.
Much of the reason to visit Cornwall is in the great outdoors. You'll be surrounded by lush hiking trails—including a stretch of the storied Appalachian Trail—and receive a hiker's basket filled with homemade granola, trail maps, and a bottle of wine you won't have to smuggle past counselors.
Explore the beautiful Kent Falls State Park, where you'll find a stunning natural waterfall and plenty of paths to wander. The area is an angler's paradise, with fly-fishing for trout along the Housatonic and Farmington Rivers and in smaller streams. Hop in a canoe and glide under the town's famous covered bridge; pick blueberries at a nearby farm; or wander around the town of Kent.
When hunger strikes, a mess hall is not where you'll end up. Check out the spiffed-up comfort food—think chicken pot pie, Bass-Ale-braised baby back ribs, and fried haddock sandwiches—at The Wandering Moose Café. Or drive into downtown Litchfield and visit the West Street Grill, which serves up more creative American fare with a focus on seasonal ingredients such as locally caught fluke with fingerling potatoes and lemon-caper emulsion and chocolate bread pudding. And there's not a drop of bug juice in sight.
Forget the homesick letters—this Escape will have you jonesing to return next year.
"The inn was very pleasant—a perfect combination of gathering areas to sip coffee with friends and cozy rooms offering plenty of privacy. The owners made us feel at home and had very helpful suggestions. Breakfast was yummy with lots of variety."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 11/21-22 and 12/23-27
- Based upon double occupancy
- Pets allowed for an additional $20 per night
- Taxes not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings