Wine Lovers' Weekend in Michigan
Thunder Bay Resort • Hillman, MI
- A Two-Night Wine Lovers' Weekend for Two Guests in a Whirlpool or Deluxe Suite ($235); for Four Guests in a Villa ($420); or for Six Guests in a Chalet ($575), November 9 to 11, November 16 to 18, November 30 to December 2, or December 7 to 9
- Two Souvenir Wine Glasses and a Gift Basket
- Admission to Three Local Museums: Besser Museum, Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center, or Brush Creek Mill
- Two $20 Resort Vouchers
California takes all the credit when it comes to American wines. But there's a new guy in town: With about 80 wineries and more than 14,000 acres of vineyards, Michigan is on its way up in the spirits world.
Taste the unique flavors of the Sunrise Side Wine and Hops Trail with an Escape to Thunder Bay Resort, about four hours north of Detroit and Grand Rapids in Hillman. On November 9 to 11, November 16 to 18, November 30 to December 2, or December 7 to 9, the resort is hosting its Wine Lovers' Weekend.
Choose the weekend that's right for you, and be sure to book early, as space is limited. You'll get a two-night stay for two in a Whirlpool or Deluxe Suite ($235); a two-night stay for up to four in a Villa ($420); or a two-night stay for up to six in a Chalet ($575).
With your stay, you'll get a dessert reception with wine tasting on Friday night, another tasting with breakfast on Saturday morning, and a third tasting on Saturday afternoon, plus two souvenir glasses, a gift basket, admission to three local museums, and two $20 resort vouchers. Each tasting consists of a flight of six or seven wines, and a sommelier or winery owner accompanies each group.
Suites are appointed with one bedroom and two beds, a deck, and a kitchenette. Villas are set up with two bedrooms and four beds, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, a living room, and a deck. And Chalets feature three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, living and dining rooms, and a deck.
When you aren't tasting and learning about wine, make use of your admission to Hillman's Brush Creek Mill and learn about the area's early homesteaders. Or, head 30 minutes to Alpena, on the banks of Lake Huron's Thunder Bay, where you'll also get admission to the Besser Museum (art, history, and science focused) or the Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration interpretive center for the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
Be sure to inquire about the optional Elk Viewing, Carriage Ride, Dinner Package. You can apply your resort vouchers toward this tour (or toward food, beverages, clothing, gifts, or wine). Owners Jack and Jan Matthias, who guide the tour, have established a bona fide nature-viewing institution: USA Today names the package as one of the country's great sleigh rides, any time of year. Treat yourself to four hours of fabulous food, storytelling, gorgeous scenery, elk, and, of course, more wine. (Reservations required; inquire when booking your weekend.)
Here, you can tantalize your taste buds and become one with nature all in one weekend—just two of many reasons Thunder Bay Resort might one day be giving California a run for its reputation.
"An unbelievable find! The staff were all very warm and friendly. The food... was outstanding! Everything from the lodge, to the food, to the tour of their grounds with elk, to the wine, it all was excellent!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Valid for November 9-11, 2012, November 16-18, 2012, November 30 – December 2, 2012 and December 7-9, 2012 only
- Must be 21 years or older to purchase, check-in and stay
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- First available stay date: November 9, 2012
- Stay must be completed by: December 9, 2012
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes three (3) wine tasting sessions with food, two (2) souvenir wine glasses (per couple), one gift basket (one per couple), Besser Museum Admission, Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center Admission, Brush Creek Mill Admission, two (2) $20 Thunder Bay Resort Vouchers (per couple)
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 9, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2012 • Enjoy By December 9, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings