Miami's Coolest New Concept: An Upscale Hostel
Freehand Miami • Miami Beach, FL
- A One-Night Stay for One in a Dorm Bed ($24)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Private Standard King Room ($109)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Up to Four in a Private Quad Room ($99)
- One Welcome Drink Per Guest at The Broken Shaker Cocktail Bar
Overly bronzed, bikini-clad beach babes are quick to fill the neon-lit hotels along Miami's strip, seeking out the nightlife and loud music that gives Miami a bad rap. But don't forget that this is the destination of one of the premier modern-art exhibitions in the world—Art Basel—some of the greatest Art Deco and doo-wop architecture, and a happening performing arts scene.
If your style skews more to sleek chevrons and polygons in pastel, you'll find equanimity while staying at the Freehand Miami. In anticipation of its recent opening, The New York Times' T Magazine said it "may be Miami Beach's most unlikely scenester hideaway," while Curbed Miami referred to it as "the communal-living place for unmoneyed cool people."
The 1930s building—formerly the Indian Creek Hotel—is an example of Art Deco fabulousness, offering both private and shared accommodations with a dash of bohemian style just a block from the beach. "Think seaside boathouse, lifeguard school, a homemade summer camp near the ocean," says Robin Standefer of Roman and Williams (the same design firm that outfitted NYC's Ace Hotel).
In addition to a pool and tropical courtyard, the Freehand offers a host of off-kilter amenities including bikes and a rooftop garden—and even the locals are anticipating the return of The Broken Shaker cocktail bar, featuring creative concoctions with herbs from the garden and other unusual elixirs and infusions. Seeking a list of Miami must-dos from those in the know? The Freehand offers that, too.
"At South Beach’s swank new hostel (you read that right) the Freehand—from the owners of NYC hot spot the NoMad Hotel—the budget-minded can nab bunk beds in color-blocked, four-person rooms, and sip Dr-Pepper-reduction-imbued drinks at The Broken Shaker."-- Condé Nast Traveler
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel December 10, 2012 – November 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked at least 24 hours in advance
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; reservations must be cancelled via email by 3 p.m. ET 24 hours in advance of the arrival date to avoid a penalty of one nights room and tax and all requests must be emailed to email@example.com; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 12/28/12-1/1/13, 2/14-18, 2/21-24, 3/14-31, 5/24-27, 7/4-6, 8/30-9/2 and 10/11-14
- Standard King rooms are based on double occupancy
- Private Quad rooms accommodates up to 4
- Dorm Bed room rates are per person, per bed
- Check-in is at 3 p.m. and checkout is at noon
- Must be at least 18 to check-in and 21 to consume alcohol
- 13 % city/local tax will be charged and collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • Enjoy By November 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings