A Slower Pace on Monterey Bay
Asilomar Conference Grounds • Pacific Grove, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Five Nights
Perched on the southern tip of the Monterey Peninsula, just two hours south of San Francisco, Pacific Grove boasts all of the charm and none of the crowds of its more popular neighbor to the north. A quiet coastal community of about 15,000, Pacific Grove is a look back at what California used to be, with Victorian architecture and sea-beaten lighthouses at every turn. Add to that the town's breathtakingly beautiful beaches, where rocky cliffs meet the whorls of the Pacific Ocean, and you've got a quintessential California beach town that's happy to fly under the radar.
Set on 107 acres of park land, the historic Asilomar Conference Grounds—celebrating its 100th anniversary this year—stands tall among the evergreen forest that skirts Asilomar State Beach and the Asilomar Natural Dune Preserve. Designed by renowned architect Julia Morgan, many of the structures still stand today, while upgrades such as a heated outdoor swimming pool and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property have been added in recent years.
Rooms are blissfully free of telephones and TVs, and are appointed with new carpet. All come with a private bath. Start your day by treating yourself to breakfast at the Crocker Dining Hall, which might include seasonal fruit; fresh, naturally sweetened juice; and hearty whole grains.
Come mealtime, if you choose to venture off the grounds, you'll have dozens of excellent dining options within a short drive. Try Caribbean cuisine at Passionfish in Pacific Grove; tuck into an authentic French meal at Bistro Moulin in Monterey; or, sit down to a high-end Italian meal at La Balena Cucina Toscana in Carmel. Eat your fill, then continue to discover the endless charms of Monterey Bay.
Venture down to Asilomar State Beach, where yellow verbena, sagewort, and yarrow grow thick. Check out the tidal pools brimming with life: Purple starfish, swaying anemones, and aptly named scurrying hermit crabs inhabit a world in miniature. You can opt to rent a bike at the Park Store for a scenic ride on the boardwalk, or take a hike through the dense pines and oaks that surround the property for a truly tranquil experience.
"The overall experience was quite good. The location is very nice and the proximity to the local beach made the whole experience even better. We will definitely return sometime in the future."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 5 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 5 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - March 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- All inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes, $10 facility fee, and $2 tourism fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Upgrades available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Blackout date(s): January 22-24, 30–31, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings