Afloat on the Aegean Sea
The Northwest Passage • Crete, Greece
- An Eight-Day Guided Kayaking Trip Around Crete for One Guest, Including:
- Seven Nights of Accommodations at Different Family Owned Inns
- Most Meals (Daily Breakfast and All But One Dinner) Provided
- Dates: May 5 to May 12, 2012; May 9 to May 16, 2012; May 13 to May 20, 2012; May 17 to May 24, 2012; October 10 to October 17, 2012; October 14 to October 21, 2012; or October 18 to October 25, 2012
While present travel tides may usher you to cozy cabins on snow-capped peaks, your sense of adventure is kept afloat on one premise alone: a sun-soaked shore.
Get a stronghold on this personal preference when you plan an eight-day guided kayaking trip around the island of Crete with The Northwest Passage, available on select dates* in May or October for $1,799.
Find the perfect balance as you float on azure waters, hike storied lands, meander through ancient sites, doze on warm sands, and taste local cuisine on Greece's largest island. Buoyed by 20 years of experience, and a spot on Outside magazine's "Best In Go" list and the "48 Trips of Lifetime" list, The Northwest Passage will steer you to the area's must-see sites as you travel from one family run inn to another in the beach towns of Matala, Roumeli, and Loutro.
Float away to the Heraklion Airport where you'll meet your swashbuckling guides. From there, you'll visit the Minoan Palace—which pre-dates the Trojan War—before returning to a nearby inn for sunset cocktails, a seaside dinner, and a dip into Cretan nightlife.
In the morning, break in your newly outfitted paddling gear with a kayak lesson after breakfast. Then, glide to cavernous caves on your way to the famous Red Beach. Now that your muscles are in full gear, everything should go swimmingly. Feel your way through Roman catacombs, and then ride the current from Matala to Roumeli.
Stretch your sea legs in Phaistos, where you'll tour the palace home of the mythical Minotaur and hike the breathtaking canyons of Samariá Gorge. The next day, you'll paddle past Agios Pavlos and Marmara Beach on your way to Loutro.
(Sea)weed through your sixth-day options of trekking on the E4 trail, hiking through Ariadne Gorge, or relaxing on the smooth stones of Sweetwater Beach. On your last day—if you didn't already do so—you'll have the chance to see the Cretan villages and a hilltop monastery's panoramic views as you wave through the Ariadne Gorge.
Get a grip on this Escape, and the tide will come in on your warm-weather getaway.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*May 5 to May 12, 2012; May 9 to May 16, 2012; May 13 to May 20, 2012; May 17 to May 24, 2012; October 10 to October 17, 2012; October 14 to October 21, 2012; or October 18 to October 25, 2012
"Our days took on a comfortable rhythm: an after-breakfast launch, a midmorning cappuccino stop at a beach taverna, a few more hours of paddling to our lunch taverna, and then several hours of paddling to that night's destination."-- The New York Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per person per stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Based on double occupancy; single supplement applies
- Notice of cancellation/date change requests must be made in writing, no refunds will be given for cancellations
- Due to certain pre-trip expenses, the following policy is necessary for date transfers: a $100 handling fee will be applied to date transfer requests 60 days or more before trip departure date. A 30% handling fee will be applied to date transfer requests 30-59 days before trip departure date. A 50% handling fee will be applied to date transfer requests 15-29 days before trip departure date. No transfers will be allowed 14 days or fewer before departure date. Non-transferable
- All services must be redeemed during one stay and used by same customer; cannot be shared
- Valid for dates on voucher title only
- Prior to making travel arrangements, participants must contact The Northwest Passage office, the Northwest Passage is not responsible for travel to and from destination
- For additional questions, call 847-256-4409
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 25, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 25, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 25, 2012 • Enjoy By October 25, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings