In Alpine, a Roadhouse for Wanderers
The Maverick Inn • Alpine, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Classic or Deluxe Room ($119)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Deluxe Room ($134)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Find Alpine on a map, and you'll know exactly what draws people to this West Texas town. (Hint: It's not its proximity to the bright lights of the big city.) Head about five hours west of San Antonio and into the Hub of the Big Bend, as Alpine is known, and you'll discover a former cowboy outpost—an authentic relic of the Old West—aflutter with outdoor enthusiasts, artists, and dreamers. Just an hour and a half north of Big Bend National Park, Alpine makes for a great base camp as you explore one of the most remote protected wildlife areas in the Lower 48. But it's also a destination unto itself, with a number of funky boutiques, art galleries, and museums to be discovered.
At just four square miles, Alpine is a cinch to navigate; when you pull into town, ask for directions to Sul Ross State University and look for The Maverick Inn (the sign, written in neon cursive lettering, is easy to spot). Done up in classic adobe architecture, this 21-room inn features a swimming pool, a cabana area, and a courtyard with a fire pit and two grills for barbecuing.
Standard and Deluxe rooms (the latter just a bit larger than the former) are appointed with signature pillow-top king or queen beds, Egyptian cotton linens, down comforters, and luxury bath linens and amenities, plus a flat-panel TV, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. The recently renovated Superior Deluxe rooms are slightly larger and include all the same features, plus extras like a full bath or garden tub and a fully equipped kitchenette, some with a full-size or collegiate refrigerator.
"Old-school but subtly hip... Here you have a sense of place, that you're in West Texas."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Maverick Inn
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to 2 additional guests may be added depending on bed arrangement based on availability and at an additional cost of $12 per person 13 and older
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- 13% taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property; children under the age of 13 are free
- Pets under 70 pounds are allowed for additional fee of $30 per pet
- No smoking at the property
- Check-in: 3 p.m. / Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Blackout date(s): December 27-31, 2013; January 24-25, 2014; February 20-22, 2014; March 7-8, 20-22, 2014; April 3, 5, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 14, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings